chris55

Beats headphones

RJBerto   

My money is on Apple removing the 3.5mm jack on their phones and tablets and using the lightning port instead. They will charge hefty licensing fees to third party mfgs, sell expensive adaptors that are just bulky enough that conumers will trade in their headphones for pairs that incorporate the lightning connector and by offering beats headphones, they'll be in a position to sell headphones with the lightning connector at a much larger profit margin than any of the third party licensees. 

i Would agree that they aren't good headphones but then again we aren't the target audience for them. the people that they target are people who don't know what quality audio should sound like. 

i Would agree that they aren't good headphones but then again we aren't the target audience for them. the people that they target are people who don't know what quality audio should sound like. 

If young people are never exposed to good headphones, and they do the majority of music listening on them, then they're never going to experience what good sound is. This is bad for music, bad for TV & film sound, bad for artists, bad for everybody.

If young people are never exposed to good headphones, and they do the majority of music listening on them, then they're never going to experience what good sound is. This is bad for music, bad for TV & film sound, bad for artists, bad for everybody.

There is no good music these days so I wouldn't worry about that :-P

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Bose is going after Apple-Beats for patent infringement:

"Bose and Beats are two of the most well-known headphone makers in the industry, benefiting from their push into higher-end products."

http://www.cnet.com/news/bose-accuses-beats-of-infringing-noise-canceling-headphone-patents/?tag=nl.e496&s_cid=e496&ttag=e496&ftag=CAD1c318f6

VAS   

Search for local bands. UK has a history for good local bands.

Seems a very large generalization.... and perhaps more to do with personal taste than what is actually going on.... if you dig a little bit there is great new music happening

Could be. But in what era were young people exposed to good headphones or sound? On the farm with grampa's fiddle, the one the horse stepped on? Victrola era? Transistor radio era? Crappy home hi-fi? Car radio/stereo? Boom box? Walkman? Home computer? MP3/etc-player buds?

Seems like crappy sound has long been with us. Most people are OK with that. Musicians might care more (but may not be able to afford accurate sound-consumption equipment), some music fans do... and somehow there's still some decant sound out there.

Do you mean, the new music today is different from the new music released when you were a teenager? :-P

For the record, I know you're kidding, but there's amazing music coming out these days. My kids clue me into all sorts of great stuff. I stumble on some stuff through the radio (it's like a wireless mic system receiver that picks up music, not dialog), and various internet services. Music is pretty damn healthy these days.  

(it's like a wireless mic system receiver that picks up music, not dialog)

There's no dialog coming out of your radio? You are a lucky man!

Was Monster so busy still counting the money they made selling people HDMI cables for $100 that they just noticed Beats "parted ways" with them years ago? The whole HTC/Beats partnership was pretty well covered news in the tech world. 

mono   

Untitled 1.png

Published on Jun 15, 2017

When two unexpected music moguls come together, history is made. The Defiant Ones, a four part documentary series about Jimmy Iovine and Dr. Dre, premieres July 9 at 9PM on HBO.