As some of you are already aware Orca Bags debuted our new line of audio bags and harness at NAB this year. We got a very positive response to our products and lots of good feedback at the show.  We are currently incorporating that feedback and suggestions into our audio bags to make them even better and more tailored to you, the end user.

The Orca sound bags are like no other bag that you have seen. The Orca offers maximum protection for your gear inside thanks to our extremely durable and lightweight aluminum and honeycomb frame. Added to that is an ethylene-vinyl acetate interior and layers of foam lined with ultra-soft blue brushed polyester.

The frame was specifically designed to allow all four sides of the bag and the bottom too independently and completely open. This gives you access from all six sided of the bag. No other bag will give you unencumbered access like the Orca will. Imagine never having to pull anything out of your bag to get to the connectors and media slots on your mixer, recorders and wireless ever again.

Our “Orca Lift” system allows you to position the mixer to any level within the bag while our sliding mount securely holds the mixer in place. The bag can be turned completely upside down and the mixer will remain fastened in place with no Velcro or other fasterners. Each bag has two large pockets that can be used for placing your battery, BDS and/or stowing all your accessories. On the front two bungee cords with tensioners are available for attaching your boom pole or for hanging cables on your bag. The carrying handles and shoulder strap are easily removable for your convince. Four external detachable pockets with a special twist locking mechanism are supplied as well. The Orca bags are available in three different sizes to accommodate all current field mixers and recorders.

Orca was created to provide the best, customized bags and accessories for today’s
working broadcast and cinema professionals worldwide. Our philosophy is to design products that reflect the input of working industry professionals, and give them with the best solution to get the job done, easily, comfortably and efficiently. Orca’s research and development team has been part of the cinema
sound and TV industry for well over 30 years. It’s this experience that allows us to
provide the finest gear bags and accessories, bar none. Our R&D team has crafted the entire Orca line using the most advanced technologies and superior materials available. The result is an unmatched, field-proven line of smart bags and accessories, expertly designed to carry and protect your gear.

We expect to be shipping our bags and harness this summer. So please check out our web site and speak with your favorite dealer for availability.

Thank You

Offer Menashe

CEO Orca Bags

http://www.orcabags.com/

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear "Orca Bags":

This is very close to being essentially a full page advertisement for your product and your company. Thankfully you did put it in the Manufacturers & Dealers section, but it is still, an unpaid company-product promotion. We are all interested in the wonderful products that all our "usual suspects" come up with but on JWSOUND, our discussion group, we have companies that pay for advertising space and it is not fair to them to allow full page ads, even in this section. A simple link to your company website is fine and our members clicking on that link will be able to see your company advertising and promotion, as well as useful information about your products.

Welcome Orca bags, and thanks JW for cutting them an introductory break, as they are arriving here in person !

also, your site has a history of allowing and encouraging new product -and new store- announcements, even if they might be very close to essentially being advertisements... ::)

Edited by studiomprd

+1. The K-Tek guys post product videos here all the time with the intent of selling the product to the members of JWsound. Why are you singling out ORCA?

Welcome Orca bags, and thanks JW for cutting them an introductory break, as they are arriving here in person !

also, your site has a history of allowing and encouraging new product -and new store- announcements, even if they might be very close to essentially being advertisements... ::)

I may have over-reacted to the Orca Bags post, I apologize. It came on the heels of some abuses on the site (some stuff which never really made it on to the site) and I probably failed to consider the Orca post properly. I will try and be more careful and more fair on these types of things.

Eagerly waiting the reveal of both Orca and K-tek waist belts, which will probably be the deciding factor for my next bag purchase.

We had the K-Tek waist belt extensively beta tested and we are making some changes to improve it, as we do with all of our bag products. 

Offhand, if I remember right the Orca harness could actually cinch up on the waist. I'm by no means skinny, and I can't find a harness that can be snug if I am just wearing a shirt. They might work with a parka or even a thick hoodie, but no luck in Summer clothes. 

I needed the strap length in the winter, so I never modded my Versaflex harnesses (I have 2), but I also never figured out a great fix. 

I'm hoping the waist belts sort that out. I realize it's a pain, but mixers come in all sizes and work in all environments. A skinny girl in Nevada during the Summer and a chubby dude in Alaska in the winter are going to need very different sizes. 

I'm not even getting into the trouble of a harness that has waist straps designed for somebody my height (6'7"). Again, I'm hoping the belt options will help that too. 99% of the time I don't bother with the lower buckles on my harnesses because they are made for somebody that's a very different shape than me. 

Hi all - we have been making great strides with our bags and harness and we think that you will be quite pleased with the final product.

In the mean time we have added a new waist belt that can be used with virtually any bag. Here are a few photos, I know that its hard to tell exactly how good the belt is with just a photo, but we would appreciate any feed back you may have. 

post-10387-0-65153100-1404270838_thumb.j

post-10387-0-40840700-1404270893_thumb.j