I just got one the other day and the orca 30 has a softer part so the xlr's may be against it. The bag will give a little so it does not crush the xlr's. I have my orca in a pelican 1610 so I have room for my blimp and other stuff in it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got my 633 rig transfered over from a Deca PS607 to a 30 that came with a free waist harness. I was always intrested in kortwich's bag and harness combo. I feel safe with straight connectors and the resting on the sides. I dont feel any connectors need to be modified. Like any new bag, I find my own personal quirks but the footprint and weight compared to my old bag is about the same. I think visually the 607 seemed more compact by design. the quick access panels and extra storage etc far outweigh on the orca. Not to mention it sits flat no matter how you rest it. I am working on a few bag cart rigs with a solice mini and these zip pannels to get to connections are a genius design. Walked around the house quite a bit with the bag loaded and waist harness attached. upper body freedom for booming seems promising to say the least. Felt really comfortable. Siting down is mildly dificult. But if you play with adjustments on the fly in combo with quick release you can manage to adjust for sitting, removal and reattach fairly quickly. I absolutely love it so far and really happy with the investment. Great design!

-Ken

• 8 years later...