Urgent: (2) SMQV battery doors needed-Greenville SC

atheisticmystic

Good morning east coasters,

Shooting this Sunday in Greenville, SC with (2) SMQV, Block 25. Was expecting standard battery doors to arrive from Los Angeles to replace the battery eliminators I'm using now; and they ain't coming.

Anyone within driving distance of Greenville, SC, who can rent/sell (2) standard battery doors for my SMQV ?

Would also rent (2) Block 25 Lectro SMV/SMQV for Sunday and Monday ?

Please email or text if you can help:

steven@deichen.us

818-400-6817

Muchas gracias

Not if he only discovered this at 11PM on a Friday night...  When you depend on the producers to provide rental gear, you're at the mercy of whoever got the stuff. I'd beat up the rental firm on Monday morning, because ideally they should've provided both the battery eliminator and the regular AA doors. 

You should probably let Larry know that you've assigned 24 hour a day, seven days a week shifts to his parts and shipping departments. I imagine it's the kind of thing he would appreciate being kept in the loop on.

Hi John,

I get most of my updates on JWS anyway.

Best,

Larry F

Lectro

Although, the Senator reminds me, as a professional, theres always something to learn and improve upon:

Being in the field using rented SMQVs as hops, powered thru my BDS, I SHOULD have made sure I had the battery doors as well, not only to be prepared for the last minute gig (with a different workflow) that was piggy-backed onto the first one, but to be able to use the SMQV in each of it's configurations.

Not doing that at the rental counter was my responsibility:

Good judgment comes from experience

Experience comes from bad judgment

It takes years of experience to...

I've got one more chit of experience.

best