XF 305 Time Code

The Canon C 300 has a switch for Time Code in or out, is a XF 305 the same? Are the Time Code circuits indentical in the two cameras? or is Canon making something different...  I'm thinking about jamming Sound Devices Time Code through 216 Comteks on two XF 305, I would be recording...BUT have read XF 305 only takes 29.97 ND, can anyone confirm or deny that too?

The Canon C 300 has a switch for Time Code in or out, is a XF 305 the same? Are the Time Code circuits indentical in the two cameras? or is Canon making something different...  I'm thinking about jamming Sound Devices Time Code through 216 Comteks on two XF 305, I would be recording...BUT have read XF 305 only takes 29.97 ND, can anyone confirm or deny that too?

Hi,

I'm in DC as well. Please use your real name, makes it easier to connect your questions to a person.

The XF305 and the C300 are in separate product lines. I'd hesitate assuming anything about the XF305 from what you know about the C300. Canon's manual for the XF305 is downloadable here:

http://gdlp01.c-wss.com/gds/6/0300003866/07/xf300-xf305-im8-n-en.pdf

I'll bet all your questions about frame rates and I/O are answered in the manual. From my memory of the one day I worked with one as a B camera on a job, the camera can run at 23.98, 29.97 NDF and 29.97 DF. The timecode I/O connector is selected as input or output in the menus. The genlock input will lock to either blackburst or trilevel sync. But I'd check the manual myself rather than trusting my memory if I were you.

Best regards,

Jim

Thanks Jim,

I read through manual, and worked with two XF 305 cameras today. It's own time code wasn't jamming one way, but worked the other and that perplexed the owner / operator, so we jammed out from the XF 305  that didn't like recieveing time code. So in a nutshell, it is a pretty similiar type of circuit.

Most the day I could keep cables connected so it wasn't necessary to try the Comtek fix. Mike Rustle only showed up once ???

Much obilged and happy birthday!

Rob Shire