New Sanken Mic Clips

joecrabb

Hey guys. 

I use exposed mics for a lot of the work that I do, and while I prefer the sound of the Sanken COS11's, their tie clips can be a bit annoying. If you need to switch the direction of the clip from the left to the right lapel for example, you have to remove the mic from the clip to turn it around. I always liked the way my Sennheiser MKE2's can spin in their "double tie clip", but the little plastic "post" piece grabs the cable instead of the mic, so it wouldn't work for the longer Sankens. 

I found these clips online that are designed to grab the Sanken by the shaft and fit into the Sennheiser tie clip. So far I love them.

He's got them listed on ebay--Mic Clip Adapter | eBay

And he also has a website --157 Clip | Clip Adapter for Lavalier Microphones

post-297-0-26888800-1403220763_thumb.jpg

I'm not whining Mike

I was more wondering if I hate enough my sanken clip, to buy this and a sennheiser bar. For all my cos-11 it will cost me a little more than a 100$, for me this money can be better invest now, no matter how much I love the seenheiser system for turning the lav position

157 thinks web11.jpg

Designed by a location sound mixer with more than 25 years of experience, the 157clip was created to allow quick professional mounting of larger lavalier microphones to most clips.

Larger lavalier microphones?...a Cos 11?OK there are smaller ones on the marked...The Sanken clip (provided)  is pretty small,can be reversed,and is smaller than the Sennheiser/157 combo.So why?Buyers be happy with this,but not for me.

I like the sennheiser clips better than the sanken clips. They are a little longer, a little more stable on soft clothing, and the mic can be mounted in any 90 deg orientation. I always wished it would clip the mic instead of the cable. I'll probably order a couple to try out, even though little of my work ends up being external lavs.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys. 

I use exposed mics for a lot of the work that I do, and while I prefer the sound of the Sanken COS11's, their tie clips can be a bit annoying. If you need to switch the direction of the clip from the left to the right lapel for example, you have to remove the mic from the clip to turn it around. I always liked the way my Sennheiser MKE2's can spin in their "double tie clip", but the little plastic "post" piece grabs the cable instead of the mic, so it wouldn't work for the longer Sankens. 

I found these clips online that are designed to grab the Sanken by the shaft and fit into the Sennheiser tie clip. So far I love them.

attachicon.gifClip.JPG

There's a fairly new company, LMC, that makes a great variety of mounts for Sanken, Tram, and Countryman lavaliere mics.  The original style "vampire" clip is a very low profile, and it comes in two sizes, a "short" version for use with the Sanken windscreen, and a "long" version for use windscreen free.

Here's a link:

http://lmcsound.com/products/vclip/

I'm sorry some of you are having problems with the Sanken tie mic clip! It was was specifically designed to eliminate cable noise and protect the cable from being pulled out of the microphone. This makes it necessary to switch the microphone around when used on the other side. I understand that it may not be applicable and easy to use in all situations. 

Rich Van Dyke mentioned LMC products. We have very recently added them to our product line, and we are very excited to be able to provide them as an option, especially the vampire clip! We would love it if you could share your experiences about using these clips. What worked, what didn't work, anything at all! What do you think of LMC clips?

• 1 year later...

Hey guys. 

post-297-0-26888800-1403220763_thumb.jpg

Reviving the thread - Both of the links above are NG. Is this guy still making the clips? I bought a couple and they are broken. Need replacements.

• 2 months later...