664 as wedding PA mixer (at my son's wedding…)

New use for 664 (for me), PA mixer @ my son's wedding.  Why?  Long story, mission creep and so on.  Lavs, handhelds, playback, rec isos for the friends-shooting-with-DSLRs, feed the speakers.  I sat the 664 bag on a crate in front of me in the front row and was Dad-of-Groom and PA-boy at the same time.  What we do for our kids….3 setups (ceremony, dinner, dance), stay until it's all over to pack up the rental speakers etc.   Fun times that I'm glad are over….

Here's why I did it:

post-17-0-85232800-1403569013_thumb.jpg

My kid found a really cool place near Hopland (halfway betw Cloverdale and Ukiah on 101) that was beautiful, reasonable and ok with their DIY style.  I think the place is owned by the Brutocao (sp?) winery.  There's a website for the place--highly recommended, but it books up fast for the reasons mentioned above--my son booked this place nearly a year andf a half ago to get June 21 2014 (longest daylight of the year!).   The DJ was a pal of my son's (not a pro I think), but I can ask about the florist, who did a great job.

Don't do the sound for your own wedding…..

philp

Did that for both my boys wedding.  I hired a mixer for the daughter.  I had more responsibilities for that one. <G>

What, you didn't think OTS down the isle was appropriate?

was Dad-of-Groom and PA-boy at the same time.  What we do for our kids….

Congrats again Phil!

OK, I'm noticing something here...

we always suggest hiring a Professional who will bring the proper tools for the gig.

What we are discussing here is not hiring the pro, and using the wrong tools for the job.

people who live in glass houses should not throw stones..?