USB serial cable for ZAXCOM QRX

Martin Jelovsek

Hi guys,

I hope that you could help me. 

I would like to make myself an USB serial cable for connecting 3 QRXs together.

The problem is that I have already done one as it said in the manual but it did not work.

I have connected the pins on USBs like this:

QRX USB OUT -> QRX USB IN

2 -> 1

3 -> 4

If I try to change gain on the slave unit it does not work ... Now I am not sure if I did the cable right ...

Thank you for all the ideas and help you could give me

Martin J.

Here is the diagram of the setup.

Make sure you have QRX-330 or 331 in there since some of the recent software versions broke that feature.

www.zaxcomftp.com/fileshare/software/QRX ZaxLanUSBcableWiringDiagram.pdf

-howy

• 1 year later...

I just did exactly as the op - made my own cable wired as per the manual, made sure all unit codes match accordingly etc. i  linking a qrx100qifb and a qrx200 and experencing the same problem as above. Cant get remote gain to work no matter what combo of cable connection. Cant get howys link to open either although i suspect same as manual? Does the firmware howy mention still apply even for a new qrx200 just purchased? 

-Ken

• 2 months later...

Better later than never ...

@osa I would recommend it to check the firmware as with me it started working after update and now it works without the glitch. The only thing is be sure to mark the cable-ends (which one is IN an which one is OUT). I did not do it with one cable and then it took me awhile to figure it out ...

Martin

• 1 month later...

Just getting around to trying this again. making sure i have this correct - my qrx200 says v3-66 so i need to take it back to 330 or 331? And the qifb receiver as well? Worried about losing other features so i want to make sure others have been ok before i do it  i almost could live without this feature but now that i say it i am sure i will be wishing i had it on a job tomorrow

-Ken

I will have to double check. What firmware are all you guys running with this serial QRX setup?  Note there is a menu now in QRX that specifies what the serial port is supposed to do that would have to be set to ZAXLAN for this to work. I still need to check it though since I have not wired up this setup in a log time.