ERX2TCD into a F55

Just putting a scratch track down to camera, and finding it's too low at line level, and too hot at mic level - any thoughts? How are most people running there ERX's?

I just used several ERX2TCD units into some Sony F5s (also, an occasional F3) and was quite happy with the results.  On the F5:  Line level in, manual gain, level turned all the way up (99).  On the ERX: MAX VOLUME to max (23dB), and VOLUME MODE: FIXED MAX GAIN.  Reference level from the Nomad came to 1 LED below the -20dB mark. 

Camera creatures were happy.  Client was happy.  I was happy.  What's not to like.

yeah Ive noticed that the levels come in a little low on that camera as well. But hey, thats why we call it a scratch track. If they intend on using it and are upset about re syncing (even with TC) then you can tell them that the camera is simply not designed for it.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Have you adjusted the MAX VOLUME level in the Extended Menu?

Yes, adjusted the max volume to 23; still coming in a little low for some cans.

When using the ERX2TCD for scratch track/TC, I set MAX VOLUME to 23 & FIXED MAX GAIN.

On the camera, I usually SET LINE LEVEL input, MANUAL, and set to 9/10.

• 4 months later...

Just putting a scratch track down to camera, and finding it's too low at line level, and too hot at mic level - any thoughts? How are most people running there ERX's?

Same experience.

DP was asking why I needed to crank it up that much.

Giving me the feeling that it is not usual for that cam - which he owns.

Cranking it up was all i had time to do.

I later noticed that sending tone at -10 was not registering 10dB higher on the camera than when I sent tone at -20.

I tried sending at various levels and none of the results on the meters matched the changes in level of tone.  

Scratch...