Nomad Key Board Support

Jack Norflus

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Jack. I have the same keyboard you showed, and works with my Fusion as well. My problem is I have a Nomad 10. What is the procedure for making it so it can have the Linux board to use the keyboard, and the cost? I guess that means an upgrade to a Nomad 12? Thanks...

CRAIG

Hey Jack. I have the same keyboard you showed, and works with my Fusion as well. My problem is I have a Nomad 10. What is the procedure for making it so it can have the Linux board to use the keyboard, and the cost? I guess that means an upgrade to a Nomad 12? Thanks...

CRAIG

Nomad 10 to 12 upgrade around $1000 I believe?

If like me you just want keyboard use (and not the 12 ins or USB that's part of the upgrade) it makes the convenience of a keyboard a little expensive!

CS: " any suggestions for small usb keyboards? "

my suggestion is 'trial and error'; there are gazillions to choose from, mostly pretty cheap, and through experimentation I have found several that I liked.... later I can no longer find them, and must again start looking for one that suits me...

I don't care about the keyboard.
Please do fix all the bugs with mix-8 ,pfl and zaxnet gain control.
I rather spend the extra time entering data manually and have a good working system then the convenience of a keyboard and a buggy unit.
As usual zaxcom priorities are adding extra options instead of fixing the existing bugs.
And if only AES was designed right from the very begining we would never have to deal with all this.

"EDIT"

Thanks for fixing the PFL

Could I ask that when folks send in a pic of their keyboard, could you please include the name and or details of that keyboard for others of us to try and order, or better still a link to details of the keyboard or where to buy one?

Many thanks,

sb

Jack , or anyone that already used the keyboard for a bag job , how do you deal with the eventuality of the keyboard launching something by itself while in the bag? We all have once let our phone in our pocket without locking it and been amaze by the result..

Envoyé de mon Nexus 4 en utilisant Tapatalk

I velcro it to my bag...

i thought about this but velcro is a noisy thing i 'd prefer to avoid and the keyboard being in front of the bag it would be very expose to anyone bumping into me wich append quit often in wild field situation.. 

a shortut to lock the keyboard would be the best solution imo..

or maybe a wireless keyboard with an on/off switch..