Boom Op looking for experience

I'm a recent USC grad looking to find work/experience as a boom op or utility person. Robert Sharman recently brought me on to a short to do some booming and it was a great experience where he was able to teach me a lot of skills and subtleties. If there are any other mixers out there who are in need of a boom op, utility person, or would be willing to let me shadow on set just to watch and learn, I'd love to come on and help in any way I can.

Landon Johnson

(909) 286-7521

landon.film@gmail.com

Landon is a fast learner and a well-mannered young man with a strong work ethic (and lives in the Valley despite his 909 area code).  It was enjoyable to have him on set, and he will likely grow into a skilled boom operator.  We were working on a short with Academy Award winning DP Russell Carpenter and several of his regular crew, and Landon kept his cool and fit in very well.  There were a few difficult booming situations, and Landon understood and executed my notes well.

I didn't have much time to teach him about my gear, but he caught on very quickly to what I was able to show him.  He is smart and I have no doubt he would learn about gear and the utility sound responsibilities quickly.

Thanks again for a job well done, Landon.

Robert Sharman