nomad needs a hardware/software overhaul. or add nomad options integration with ifb200

RadoStefanov

A lot of you nomad users know about the hardware limitation of nomad. Mainly the zaxnet disableing AES 1/2 when enabled. There is a work around. Routing AES 7/8 to recording tracks 1/2. But this workaround created constant problems with fader assigning and the inconvenience of record track assigning. For a while PFL was not working correctly. Then it was fixed. Bit when I got the mix-8 last year everything went to hell. To this day on my cart setup I can not pfl when nomad faders are controling the zaxnet gain.

I will gladly pay for a hardware mod to my nomad. Or I will buy ifb 200 if it integrates with my nomad zaxnet control , freeing all 8 AES.

• 2 weeks later...

And this is the issue I've always had with Zaxcom. They say their product can do this and that. Until you get it and find you have to do some work around to get it to work the way they claim. And I hate work arounds.

But I do love my Zaxcom products. Yesterday I showed up to a shoot with three cameras and four people to wire. I did not know this beforehand. No prob with the MAXX and my ERX's. They saved the day :-)

I don't mind work arounds personally, and I love Zaxcom products...what I don't like is the fact that Glenn told me to call him back more than week ago about an amplifier question for zaxnet. I called a couple times and get the out of the office deal. Then I email him a couple times...no response. This happens especially with Eric too, the amount of times I call to get Eric in the office for technical questions concerning wireless and him not being there is crazy....and these are all mid day not near lunch business day calls...

And this is the issue I've always had with Zaxcom. They say their product can do this and that. Until you get it and find you have to do some work around to get it to work the way they claim. And I hate work arounds.

But I do love my Zaxcom products. Yesterday I showed up to a shoot with three cameras and four people to wire. I did not know this beforehand. No prob with the MAXX and my ERX's. They saved the day :-)

Thing is though, that Zaxcom is sort of at the leading edge of things and can do many very useful this's that no other manufacturer is near, and the trade off is sometimes a long wait for some that's.

It's a trade off I've learned to make and don't regret, as I record on my transmitters with timecode, and control gain AND frequency by remote control from my mixer, and have double encryption so no scanner can listen in, and send timecode and scratch with one small lightweight powered box, etc. etc. the list goes on......

justan:" I showed up to a shoot with three cameras and four people to wire. I did not know this beforehand. "

why not ?

Mainly the productions fault. They said and interview with broll of an MMA fighter. It was actually three cameras, interviewer and the MMA fighter both on cam plus two translators off camera. They were just lucky I had enough gear with me to pull it off.

Thing is though, that Zaxcom is sort of at the leading edge of things and can do many very useful this's that no other manufacturer is near, and the trade off is sometimes a long wait for some that's.

It's a trade off I've learned to make and don't regret, as I record on my transmitters and control gain AND frequency by remote control from my mixer, and have double encryption so no scanner can listen in, and send timecode and scratch with one small lightweight powered box, etc. etc. the list goes on......

Yah I get that. And don't get me wrong it's all very cool. I am happy with the products I do have from them.

I don't mind work arounds personally, and I love Zaxcom products...what I don't like is the fact that Glenn told me to call him back more than week ago about an amplifier question for zaxnet. I called a couple times and get the out of the office deal. Then I email him a couple times...no response. This happens especially with Eric too, the amount of times I call to get Eric in the office for technical questions concerning wireless and him not being there is crazy....and these are all mid day not near lunch business day calls...

Did you try talking to Colleen Goodsir? She will get shit done for you :-)

It's a trade off I've learned to make and don't regret, as I record on my transmitters with timecode, and control gain AND frequency by remote control from my mixer, and have double encryption so no scanner can listen in, and send timecode and scratch with one small lightweight powered box, etc. etc. the list goes on......

Note that encryption is not yet enabled for the XR modulation scheme. 

I have been here all day.

Glenn

Note that encryption is not yet enabled for the XR modulation scheme. 

Haa! Yer know I did not know that. It's available to switch on in the menu and you can set a code but I have not actually tried it yet.

Slightly undermines my argument then, because that could waste some time!

But ehh! Neverclip works in the transmitters doesn't it? ???:)