Relocating the QRX200 antenna connectors to the bottom.

RadoStefanov

Great News. I just spoke with Glenn and it turns out the qrx200 antenna connection can be easily rerouted to the bottom of the unit for people who use antenna distribution. That will allow for better cable management and cleaner front/top for great button access. The qrx200 already has 2 holes for IFB TC and Audio so it should be very easy to install the sma. Moving the qrx200 antenna sma to the bottom will allow me to make a One Unit Nomad, 4 qrx200s and a micplexer with common front panel.

And what about when the day comes when you want to use the receiver in a different setup and you need the whips again?

I don't have a setup with whips.

Once you go remote antenna with zaxcom you never come back.

My qrx235s however will be left whips for when I use them for hops.

• 2 weeks later...

Slick! Seems like it was a pretty easy job? Did zaxcom endorse this mod?

Please post your test results when available. ;)

I doubt that zaxcom will endorse people drilling in to their gear. If you don't have to drill the mod is pretty easy. At best zaxcom can start selling the prepunched plates with cables.  And call it "RADO MOD". haha

I doubt that zaxcom will endorse people drilling in to their gear. If you don't have to drill the mod is pretty easy. At best zaxcom can start selling the prepunched plates with cables.  And call it "RADO MOD". haha

nicely done!  I hadn't taken the time to look inside my qrx200.  was somewhat disappointed that the evolution to the 200 series did not include a multi pin connector.

you can probably just buy a panel for the 235 - it has the holes for the TC and IFB audio that you can utilize

• 4 weeks later...