SQN Troubleshooting help

Reg

Any SQN 4s users; having some issues on return feed from camera (all hard wired). Can only hear CH2 return leg, but can see both legs on camera and can also hear both legs when plugging headphones straight into camera. Applies to all xlr inputs and tone gen of mixer.

Have changed tails, changed umbilical, and have also tried on different camera with same issue.

Has this happened to any other SQN users before and is there something I've not tried that could solve problem? I'm stumped! If not, I'm thinking could be internal problem inside mixer and thus a return to SQN for a service is needed

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

Well you have certainly done all the logical 'elimination by isolation' steps and presumably you hear both Ch1 on the Left and Ch2 on the Right when the Red Monitor Switch is in the 'MXR' position……. in which case it's most likely the Red Monitor (MXR/AUX) Switch.

I would have to agree that if a general blow out doesn't solve it, then unfortunately it sounds like a trip to the mothership is in order.

Give SQN a call and ask for Bob Hunt before you send it back to them. It may be something simple(ish) that he can talk you through over the phone. I had a problem with my SQN some years ago and Bob managed to help me fix it so I didn't have to post it back to the Isle of Man. Alternatively, if you're in London drop it into Chris @ Richmond Films.