Just before Buy - PSC Boom pole

Sergey

Have been using the Elite X-Large for 5 years now.. My boom op really likes it.. A good balance between Lightness and Stiffness. He's tried the Ambient Poles when working with other mixers and isn't a fan.. I use a Silicone Gun Cleaning Cloth to clean the joints and have had trouble free use so far..

I have a couple of Ambient QS Premium boom poles    http://www.ambient.de/en/products/ambient-recording/boompoles/quickpole-qs.html   4 section opens to 5.2m and on my 2nd QS I have added a 5th section, the QP120, and that takes it to about 6.5m.  They are ultra rigid so if you want something that flexes the QS is probably not for you - I would give one of the new QP poles a go. With Ambient (and probably other manufacturers) over the past 15-20 years, the carbon fibre has changed through many generations so make sure you try the latest version as it will be very different to the 'same' product made 10 years ago.

Tim