Shooting in Dubai

snd.waves

Sam Kashefi is located there; he hasn't been much active on the forum lately though...

Meanwhile...:

''Most of the blocks for both Lectro and zaxcom are clean in United arab emirates.

you might get a bit of RF traffic in construction sites since there is no RF regulation yet for

Communications Equipment.

Have fun In Abu D! weather is amazing this of the year.

let me know if you need anything here in Dubai or abu D !

Sam ''

I once did a shoot in Dubai with block 31. 8 channels, worked ok. Not so many locations, though. It was in 2004, so not that fresh info. Back then it was almost impossible to get a freq chart for the country.  The local OB truck soundguys said there were not any regulations or recommendations. They used everything from a-z. 

I was able to use Lectrosonics block 21, 22, 26 without much problem,  the city is so spread out ( think pods of small towns connected by highways) that there never seems to be a big build up of RF.  Driving there is an adventure, street signs and off ramp signs are often not to be trusted or in the wrong locations and GPS units often are wrong due to the pace that the roads were built at a few years ago.  Leave yourself a lot of time to get from one place to an other.  Gear will get very dusty if you are outside for any period. 

off topic a little bit but I thought I would toss it in.......

wish I could find the article, I'll keep looking. I was suppose to be on a corporate shoot in Dubai that ended up being cancelled.

apparently they have strict guidelines on what you can and can not shoot there. Some government and religious buildings are off limits but there are no signs posted that say you're not suppose to shoot them...also...best to keep camera pointed away from women and children when out in public...

• 5 weeks later...

My block 19 & 21s worked well in Dubai. I had issues with my block 25, but that was because I was working on a sporting event and it was competing with another TV crews.

And I would agree with 'staudio'. People can be very sensitive about being filmed, most especially women and children; even pointing your boom at them. People can get aggressive towards you pretty quickly.