Hi Nick,

We do not currently have a distributor in Australia.  Until we get one set up, you may want to contact our dealer in New Zealand

Sound Techniques Ltd

3/1 Porters Ave

Eden Terrace

Auckland, NZ

64 9 366 1750

If you cannot find someone, please feel free to send me an email.  I will make sure you get taken care of.

lauriew@mozegear.com

Thanks

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We finally have our promotional pricing for the Q28 in Europe:

In British Pounds -- 355.00

In Euros --- 445.00

Prices quoted are ex vat.

We are hoping to get our first shipment sent to Europe by late week.  

Please feel free to email me with any questions.

Laurie

lauriew@mozegear.com

Where can I pre order this in asia? Just got the tig and I'm a happy buyer but need another lockit box.

I am glad you are happy with the Tig.  That's what we like to hear.  Thanks.

Right now we do not have a distributor set up in Asia.  Our current dealers have been so supportive that we are waiting to fill their orders before setting up new ones.  You may want to contact the dealer you used before to get on their pre-order list.

Hope that helps.  

Reminds me of the micron tx700s mini transmitter look about the same size and very similar case.

Lisala Dolo

You are correct and we would like to give credit where credit is due.  

Our lead engineer has a long history with Micron Wireless.  He worked on Micron and other projects with Neville Druce who was the primary engineer and founder of Audio Engineering, Ltd (Micron Wireless). 

When we were looking at making a smaller Tig, we didn’t have to look far since he still uses Microns and loves their sound.  The current director of Audio Engineering (Tanky), was gracious enough to let us use the case of the TX700s for the new Q28.  We also want to give credit to the case designer, Brian Johnson.

Thanks to Beryl Druce, Tanky, and Brian.

Mozegear is truly a class act --- kudos to Laurie Webb, again, for sharing the genesis of this new product (and acknowledging the design credit).

Yep have to agree - respect due to all, it's great to see collaboration across companies.

Lisala

For the mini 1/8 connections, looking at the picture, do I understand it clearly (just to confirm) ?

TC output or audio output:

Tip: TC signal / ring: audio mono output / sleeve:GND

TC jam or audio input:

Tip: audio left or Jam input / ring: audio right / sleeve:GND

I too often keep an outboard TC generator running with my gear--in case of an issue with a camera TC box or the add of another cam or if my recorder has been off for long enough to have lost its (TC) mind (like on a location change/drive), I can just rejam from my own outboard box.  Moze stuff is small and cheap enough to make this possible.

philp

I too often keep an outboard TC generator running with my gear--in case of an issue with a camera TC box or the add of another cam or if my recorder has been off for long enough to have lost its (TC) mind (like on a location change/drive), I can just rejam from my own outboard box.  Moze stuff is small and cheap enough to make this possible.

philp

On the last movie I went for the first time for an external TC source, a Denecke GR-2, used as the master and set the recorder (Deva 5.8) to continuous jam (from the GR-2). I did this for one reason only: there have been many times when even during a take, a camera assistant has come over to the cart wanting to re-jam a slate so they can do a tail slate before we cut. With Zaxnet on you are not able to jam (from the Deva) properly unless you are in the TC screen --- so, now when this happens I can jam the slate from the GR-2 without the additional step required if jamming from the Deva directly.

I understand now if integrating Q28 with Nomad you mean to jam this beautiful little sync box from Nomad and let the Q28 sync everything else so you don't have to use ERXs as sync boxes.

Jeff, I would jam the Q28 from Nomad and then turn it in to a master clock by feeding the Q28 out in to Nomad`s IN. This way I would be able to use my slate and denecke jam boxes without the need of erx

For the mini 1/8 connections, looking at the picture, do I understand it clearly (just to confirm) ?

TC jam or audio input:

Tip: audio left or Jam input / ring: audio right / sleeve:GND

Yes 

The connections you described are correct.

Is it a problem using a mono (tip - sleeve) plug for output of TC only from the mini connector? Or, should I make up output cables that are tip - ring - sleeve plug and wire as stated above?

Hi Jeff,

Yes you can use a mono cable.  No damage will be done.