ISO9VOLT Battery Eliminator: Wiring for 110 house current

bjdzyak

I recently purchased an ISO9VOLT Battery Eliminator to power a Lectrosonics UM200C transmitter.  The idea is that I am getting an onset audio feed from the Production Mixer to send to my receiver attached to my camera (shooting behind-the-scenes).

But the Battery Eliminator came with two bare wires and no plug to plug it into a 110 outlet.  I'm told that I need a step-down plug at that end.  Something like a 12v step down at the plug before the 9v adaptor takes it down more as it powers the transmitter.

?I know this can be done because I've used others wired like it, but I'm not sure what I need to buy and put on the bare wires that will do the job correctly.  I have no interest in frying my Lectro.

Does anyone know how to do this or is there anyone in the LA area who can do it for me?  

Thank you!
Brian Dzyak
Cameraman, IA600, SOC
Encino, CA

www.dzyak.com

post-10527-0-11674600-1407302400_thumb.j

Hi Brian,

"But the Battery Eliminator came with two bare wires and no plug to plug it into a 110 outlet. "

That woke (!) me up this morning. Almost didn't need my coffee. I'm not worried about frying the Lectro; I am concerned about frying a Brian. Or picking pieces of smoking Lectro out of his hide.

The pigtail is for tying into low voltage bag systems or other 12 Volt nominal setups. Since we don't know what connector will be used, if any, we supplied a pigtail to make it easy to roll your own. For powering from the wall, a power supply is needed that provides 12 to 15 Volts. Our CH-12 is the normal choice. Thanks and a tip of the hat to Mark O. for giving the same answer early.

Best Regards,
Larry Fisher
Lectrosonics

Thanks guys!  When I took it in to Location Sound (Toluca Lake) and asked about this, they looked at me like "You want to do what?!"  No one there had ever heard of nor considered such a thing.  I can't imagine why you wouldn't want to be able to plug it into a wall for all-day operation.  That's kind of the point, isn't it?

It might be helpful for Lectrosonics to drop them a line explaining the CH-12.

Putting an AC plug directly on a DC power cable makes me shutter.

It's common to use a (wall wart type) power supply to power a DC device.

Are you sure the person you talked to actually works at LS?

I sure hope so being that all three of them had desks and business cards inside the building!  :)