DIY Power Lavs with NP1 Battery

cmb1455

so: rick misspelled a word...

you could have been searching for 'rechargeable AA batteries', and other similar terms ...

and it is also frequently mentioned that the site search can be challenging, so do a Google search with jwsoundgroup.net as the first search term

I didn't come here to research rechargeable batteries.  I only asked for clarification on what he was talking about.  Once again, anything you say is irrelevant to the actual conversation at hand.  I often forgot some tech guys are also incredible trolls. 

cmb: " I didn't come here to research rechargeable batteries...my experience with consumer-level rechargeables has been less than appealing. "

you not only have terminology problems, you also seem to be lacking in some essential knowledge about rechargeable batteries today; maybe you are charging your clients too much..?

" The reason I came to this site is because of knowledgable and helpful people like yourself to help steer me in the right direction. "

not steered?  even JW noted: " why didn't the poster do the same Internet searching that so many of the members of JWSOUND have done for him (me included)? "

you have been more than steered, but many of us won't do your homework for you.

And once again proving my point: you're a troll and a jerk. It's not surprising you spend your free time being a jerk on these boards. That's probably what grumpy old sound men do when they don't get hired any more. Because obviously if you were on set you wouldn't have time to troll these forums. Troll all you want, I have the information I need to approach the task I set out to accomplish thanks to the suggestions of a couple other users. Must be tough not having anything of value to share, huh?

Ive used the PowerEx 2700 mAh NiMH batteries in G2/G3 Tx and Rx, and easily get more than 12 hours out of them.

http://www.locationsound.com/power-82/batteries-chargers-83/maha-energy-corp.-powerex-aa-nimh-rechargeable-high-capacity-batteries-4-pack-1244

Recharging every night and using a fresh set every day will keep you from having to waste money and the environment on disposable batteries, and you won't have to change them out during the day either. A good and reliable way to keep your wireless systems working. This 8 bay charger will completely charge all your PowerEx's in just a couple of hours, very quick!

http://www.locationsound.com/power-82/batteries-chargers-83/maha-energy-corp.-mh-c801d-eight-cell-1-hour-charger-1246

There are also these threads on this very forum that discuss this very topic:

• 3 weeks later...

used dummy batteries to power up my old sony uwp and g3s. all you need is those an aa dummy from this website

http://www.batteryeliminatorstore.com/index.php?id_product=13&controller=product

and use a buck regulator to step down your voltage so it hits 3 volts and walla you have your own dc powering unit via your bds 

cheers bebeh!

• 2 weeks later...

and use a buck regulator to step down your voltage so it hits 3 volts and walla you have your own dc powering unit via your bds 

I assume there wasn't any noise added from the buck regulator introduced into the recordings. Do you have a link to the regulator you used? Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...