Magliner cart with 19" rack

gareth john

Hi All,

Planning on putting a cart together using an upright magliner & a 19" rack, probably a 16u SKB shock rack.

I'd either like to use the vertical cart from filmtools, or sit the rack on the 'toe' of an upright magliner.

I've never seen the filmtools carts, wondered if they'd take the weight (whilst wheeling along on the back wheels) of a fully loaded rack.

Any thoughts greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Gareth

post-326-130815077922_thumb.jpg

post-326-130815077929_thumb.jpg

I have used several of the FilmTools carts for various tasks and they are very well made (essentially constructed from Magliner type parts and their own). The upright style with 4 pneumatic wheels will certainly support the fully loaded SKB Rack case weight (but you would not be kicking this back on the rear wheels). I have one of the FilmTools upright carts with just the 2 wheels (back) and fitted with some shelves and 2 small SKB racks (playback gear) it works quite well even when kicked back using the rear wheels. I do not think it would support the weight of a fully loaded rack case.

You can see a whole collection of cart images here:

Cart Image Gallery

Regards,  Jeff Wexler