788T - freeze

snd.waves

I've had my 788 for about five years now, and it has been rock solid. Never had any major issues with the unit freezing, or heat. This is why I was surprised when this happened.

Two days ago, on the first day of a four month reality gig, my 788T crashed, and I couldn’t bring it back. Pulled all power, flash card, even all the I/O’s, it wouldn’t take me past the intro load screen, would freeze up every time, at the same time as the HDD light would turn green. I managed to get a replacement unit, and was up and running within the hour, very lucky!

May it have something to do with the new firmware (3.02) that I installed the night before? To my surprise the 788 mounted on my computer. I then wiped the SSD, and ejected the volume; hey presto, we are back!! Have worked with it for the last two days, its back to its perfect self. Does make me wonder though why. Anyone had anything similar?

If there was no card in the CF slot, I doubt that had anything to do with it.

The 788T uses a folder on the internal drive to hold scene and take name files.  Could be that these files go corrupted and caused it to stall while trying to access those files on boot.  Once you wiped the drive again, the files were gone and boot proceeded normally.