zaxnet commands from maxx.

RadoStefanov

Rado: first time anyone put an auto-play video in a post --- scared me a little as I was reading one of the earlier posts and I heard all this noise and clicking and stuff. Once I realized it was your video it was nice to see (and hear) it, and great, of course, that Maxx now has Zaxnet capability!

Great news for Maxx owners:

Just spoke to Glenn and asked him about zaxnet commands from maxx TC out.

He assured me it will happen.

No timeline yet but still a positive development.

Zaxnet commands from Maxx TC outout as you put it in the OP. Just curious if you lose TC I/O by enabling Zaxnet or if this will be an additional standard feature out of the box without having to sacrifice anything or buy additional hardware.

Rado: first time anyone put an auto-play video in a post --- scared me a little as I was reading one of the earlier posts and I heard all this noise and clicking and stuff. Once I realized it was your video it was nice to see (and hear) it, and great, of course, that Maxx now has Zaxnet capability!

Sorry about that.

Don't know what  happened.

It's called a Nomad? If they offered IFB on Maxx, it would surely cannibalize the Nomad 10.

However, if they offered a camera link module in Nomad 10 I would be all over it.

With that logic, a camera link in nomad would cannibalize sales of Maxx.

I don't believe that would be the case. There are many other reasons to buy a nomad. It would likely increase sales of the Maxx and erx's by a lot IMO.

With that logic, a camera link in nomad would cannibalize sales of Maxx.

I don't believe that would be the case. There are many other reasons to buy a nomad. It would likely increase sales of the Maxx and erx's by a lot IMO.

Don't think so. Usually premium priced models at the top of the line don't cut into the (for lack of a better term) budget models. This is espially true when you get to choose premium add ins that suit your needs.

Nomad and Maxx are two different machines for two different types of work. That said, I likely see this update as the death knell for Nomad Lite. Maxx is now clearly a much better investment for those looking to buy into Zaxcom since Maxx can have a taste of the best features of Nomad (AES, up to 6 record tracks, Never clip, etc.) and can add a built in camera link for $100 more than a Lite, which is a no brainer if you ask me. Why would you even consider a Nomad Lite at that point? If you absolutely needed the extra tracks, inputs and routing ability you would be better served stepping right up to a Nomad 10/12.

I'm happy with my Nomad 10, but I would trade it in a heartbeat if Zaxcom gave me full ZNet control + IFB + $750 cash difference over my machine. That would be as close to a perfect unit as I could get for my needs. If I had to choose, a camera link would be easy for me to live without.

Here is the deal.

Maxx will pass ZaxNet commands through the time code stream.

What you have to do is send Maxx's TC output into any single ZaxNet transmitting device you can use an IFB100, IFB200, Camera Link, QRX100 (with QIFB), or QRX235 (with QIFB)

The ZaxNet device is what will actually send the commands and TC to the transmitters.

You will be able to remotely change the frequency on the transmitter, change the input gain on the transmitter, apply power roll and start and stop the transmitters recorder remotely. If you like all your transmitters can be set up so when you hit record on Maxx all the slaved transmitters will go into record as well and will stop when you stop Maxx.

Howy did a terrific job with the interface - he made it super simple and very quick to work, and by using the GUI on Maxx makes it so easy. There is no fumbling with entering individual unit codes, and for guys like me with big old mitten hands I no longer have to use my pinky finger to access the buttons. Plus I don't have to look at the tiny LCD screen on the IFB200 to control things because my eyes aren't getting any better as I age.

***edited to add camera link***

Here is the deal.

What you have to do is send Maxx's TC output into any single ZaxNet transmitting device you can use an IFB100, IFB200, QRX100 (with QIFB), or QRX235 (with QIFB)

The ZaxNet device is what will actually send the commands and TC to the transmitters.

This is great news! But just to be clear, it will also work with a camera link, correct? Just making sure because you left it out of your list.

This is great news! But just to be clear, it will also work with a camera link, correct? Just making sure because you left it out of your list.

Yep sorry my omission. As a matter of fact howy just wrote the code enabling the camera link today. And I tested it tonight and it works perfectly.

Though you will have to update the software in the camera link.

Yep sorry my omission. As a matter of fact howy just wrote the code enabling the camera link today. And I tested it tonight and it works perfectly.

Though you will have to update the software in the camera link.

Great! My plan was to buy a Maxx and a camera link to share with my Nomad bag. Looks like Christmas might come early for me this year!

Here is the deal.

What you have to do is send Maxx's TC output into any single ZaxNet transmitting device you can use an IFB100, IFB200, QRX100 (with QIFB), or QRX235 (with QIFB)

Will the CL not be able to transmit the ZaxNet commands from the Maxx's TC output as well?