K-Tek now shipping KSRA2 Stingray bag for 664

dfisk

Hey Fred,

I am working on an apron style rain cover that deploys easily and attaches to our harness and covers the entire bag. 

Okay, that's good news. Both the harness and the rain cover are on my wish list now. Any release dates set?

I've used the Stingray2 bag for the first time filming a documentary series and it worked very well. I was a little concerned about the size, but the width is okay and the depth is too. It's just packing soo much more stuff compared to the small Petrol bag I was using before and due to the fact that I can pack my headphones in the bag makes it easier to take on and off.

It's a little bit in the way when I mic people, but not as much as I thought it would be. A slight bend over and I'm good to go :-D

Force of habit, it would have been nice if the front compartment would have been "zippable", but I might just put a small bag inside it. It's just nice to be able to put stuff into the front compartment when it's rains.

The bag feels nice wearing with my Camrade Harness, but I'm really looking forward to wearing the KTEK harness in the future.

Dave, if you would redesign the included rain cover, consider making it a tad wider like the Petrol rain covers. That would protect the compartments from light to medium rain me thinks. My Petrol rain cover has served me well in bad weather.

Speaking of rain, how water resistant are the side compartments?

Keep up the good work!

Fred

• 4 weeks later...

I haven't tested the side compartments with water. With the material they are pretty resistant, but I wouldn't say water proof. That's why we're doing the apron rain cover.

I've used the bag in light rain without a problem. Looking forward to the harness and the apron. If you want to beta test the harness on a tall European guy, and the apron in chilly Scandinavian weather, just let me know. ;-)

Very happy with the Stingray2 bag, especially now that I have turned the divider around - saving both space and bag depth.. *face palm*

With the padded shoulder strap it makes a nice travel partner.

Airport security: "Can that recorder thing be taken out of the bag?"

Me: "It can, but not that easily. Can you spare five minutes?"

Airport security: "Carry on..."

Cheers

Fred

• 1 month later...

With the material they are pretty resistant, but I wouldn't say water proof. That's why we're doing the apron rain cover.

Dave, how's the apron and harness coming along? Any chance of Santa bringing a soft package for daddy this year? :-)

Out travelling with my SD664 and Stingray2 bag. Never thought I would say this but I love the carry handles! :-)

Apart from the harness and apron I'm thinking of buying a short KTEK boom, for travel.

Keep up the good work

Fred

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 year later...

I had ORCA 32 for 688, SL6, CL6, and ORCA 30 for 633+2SLR. I just got annoyed with the lack of space and couldn't handle the inability to access the memory cards. Replaced with the KTek Large and small respectively and couldn't be happier. ORCAs are in EBay as I write.