Saint John New Brunswick frequencies

chrisnewton

here we go, again...

the usual first places to check on a location are the TV channel assignment charts, of course, but that is really only a small part of the actual interference picture for a given location.

besides, any block will work in just about any location for a few frequencies;  consulting the charts is probably even more important if a large number of systems (major sporting event, news event, or concert event) will be involved, but that still doesn't really help with the localized interference problems including those that the event itself may generate, and those which vary from one individual location (like from one neighborhood to another) to the next anyways!

so, if you are looking to buy a bunch of systems, you would probably try to pick a block that is better for your "home operating area" based on TV channel interference (from the charts), for "just passing thru" use, any block will probably provide acceptable results.

here we go, again...

the usual first places to check on a location are the TV channel assignment charts, of course, but that is really only a small part of the actual interference picture for a given location.

besides, any block will work in any just about location for a few frequencies;  consulting the charts is probably more important if a large number of systems (major sporting event, news event, or concert event) will be involved, but that still doesn't really help with the localized interference problems that the event itself may generate, and which vary from one individual location (like from one neighborhood to another) to the next anyways!

so, if you are looking to buy a bunch of systems, you would probably try to pick a block that is better for your "home operating area" based on TV channel interference (from the charts), for "just passing thru" use, any block will provide acceptable results.

"Any block"?  No, not really.  Around here going from the SF area with working blocks even just to Sacramento will result

in a lot of non-working wirelesses.  Even worse between LA and SF.  There is a always unpredictable interference, but consulting the charts first and getting out of the way of the big RF monsters is the best way to start--vital in fact to ensure a

trouble free shoot.

Philip Perkins

Thanks for the replies. Checked the lectro and sennheiser charts. Saint John is in Canada, some distance from the real world, so those charts were of little use. I wanted comments from someone who had actually been there, on the ground, but thanks for the lecture anyway. For what it's worth, both blocks 21 and 24 were fine. 216 Comteks were fine.

Chris Newton

Hi Chris,

Sorry I missed this thread!  We don't have much "broadcast traffic" up here in Canada, so you can always find a free channel on most Lectro Blocks.  That being said, you could have had to deal with Coast Guard and fishermen frequencies or from just south of the border ;) (highly unlikely!)

-Jason

Hi Jason,

Actually I'm from Ottawa. I know there's a DOC document somewhere with Canadian frequencies, but I couldn't remember where it is. The US tables aren't a lot of use unless you're close to big US cities.

I'm on the road again soon, so I'd appreciate any on-the-ground (or should that be on-the-airwaves?) for:Los Alamos New Mexico, Boulder Colorado, Cambridge UK, Paris and Vienna. It's a hardwire shoot, but I'm taking a couple of RFs for shits and giggles.

Particularly interested in Vienna and UK locations. I can look up the US locations in the charts, but would like to hear some experiences.

Hi Chris,

for UK take a look at

www.jfmg.co.uk

They do the Fz allocation and licences for tyhe UK.

Basically the most commonly used Fz are in the region of 850MHz, on what we know as Ch 69.

It is all there oon jfmg though.

Kindest regards,

Simon B