Jose Frias

ORCA Bags Review

I love my orca. It is the best bag I have owned to date. It lets you get to the hard to reach parts a lot easier than some of the bags of the past. The prices are not bad either!

Re: the Orca 30 - what are those 4 snaps squared along on top ( birds eye view ) intended for? Is there a hard cover or such that attaches for transport / lugging about / placing in an overhead? If so, like that idea - always a bit concerned about the SD 633's little record toggle...

these - those four snaps on small black tabs spaced squarely around the top of each bag, here ( from pic in earlier post ):

They're for the rain cover. It can be secured with Velcro or those snaps.

thx - i hadn't noticed snaps on the rain cover when i quickly looked it over at ProSo; but still like the idea of a solid, removable top cover / protector for lugging about when not recording. I often improvise something to that effect anyway...

What are people doing when run and gunning with a multi channel cable wired to a camera? Even if you use low pro input connectors it seems as if the bags don't have room for old fashioned straight XLR connectors on the output side. Are people just leaving the "door" open?

Thank you.

I have TA5 connectors on the mixer end of my snake cable. Straight cables fit fine with an OR32/Nomad and OR30/Maxx combos.

I'd say:

-right angle xlrs

-larger bag

-smaller mixer/recorder

-use other connection from mixer/recorder that'd provide lower-profile connector (right-angle multi-pins)

-having the mixer/recorder modified so cables go out directly from the unit to a break-away connector on side of the bag

-yep, leaving the "door" open

Thank you.

I just received a Orca OR32 to try out. One thing I was not aware of after reading reviews and watching the official videos is that the side panels (which I was calling "doors") actually have smaller doors in them. If I had known about the small doors I would have been less concerned about routing cables in and out of the bag.

Thank you..