ORCA Bags Review

Ze Frias

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: the Orca 30 - what are those 4 snaps squared along on top ( birds eye view ) intended for? Is there a hard cover or such that attaches for transport / lugging about / placing in an overhead? If so, like that idea - always a bit concerned about the SD 633's little record toggle...

• 1 year later...

What are people doing when run and gunning with a multi channel cable wired to a camera? Even if you use low pro input connectors it seems as if the bags don't have room for old fashioned straight XLR connectors on the output side. Are people just leaving the "door" open?

Thank you.

I'd say:

-right angle xlrs

-larger bag

-smaller mixer/recorder

-use other connection from mixer/recorder that'd provide lower-profile connector (right-angle multi-pins)

-having the mixer/recorder modified so cables go out directly from the unit to a break-away connector on side of the bag

-yep, leaving the "door" open

Thank you.

I just received a Orca OR32 to try out. One thing I was not aware of after reading reviews and watching the official videos is that the side panels (which I was calling "doors") actually have smaller doors in them. If I had known about the small doors I would have been less concerned about routing cables in and out of the bag.

Thank you..

• 1 month later...