crazy wireless alliance idea

RadoStefanov

I have an idea. Since the new lectrosonics are digital and there is no eng size reciever, how about zaxcom and lectrosonics get together and make the Lectro TX work with the Zaxcom qrx receiver.
In theory it should be very easy.
I know this is a crazy idea but I believe the end users will benefit from such an unusual partnership.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good idea : Zaxcom has to add a Lectro mode in its receiver. 

Lectro did with the Senny mode, or Wisycom with their Senny, Evo and audio LTD receiving mode...

First of all we should encourage manufacturers to use the same plugs on their transmitters and receivers. Another dream !

Good idea : Zaxcom has to add a Lectro mode in its receiver. 

Lectro did with the Senny mode, or Wisycom with their Senny, Evo and audio LTD receiving mode...

First of all we should encourage manufacturers to use the same plugs on their transmitters and receivers. Another dream !

At the very beginning of the second quarter of 2015, we are changing all our 5 pin connectors to 3 pin Lemos. That way there will be four wireless manufacturers using a common connector. Our customers can thank the above post for the idea.

Best Regards,

Larry Fisher

Lectrosonics

At the very beginning of the second quarter of 2015, we are changing all our 5 pin connectors to 3 pin Lemos. That way there will be four wireless manufacturers using a common connector. Our customers can thank the above post for the idea.

Best Regards,

Larry Fisher

Lectrosonics

But will it be servo bias?

8)

Actually, one day before. And changing my phone to unlisted.

LEF

Larry,

All jokes aside are you making a small digital receiver?

If you are not making one , my idea is great.

If you are making a small digital receiver when is it going to be out?

I don't understand why this sounds so absurd...

Best Regards,

Larry Fisher

Lectrosonics

Is it april 1st already? My calendar must need calibration.

The small receiver is a great idea.  Compato between Zax and Lectro is down to what the owners of the companies think is in their best interest.   

philp

How about what is in our best interest?

Where is a multinational conglomerate when you need one? (:

I have got jokes too.

Hey! Let's get Sennheiser and Shure and Lectro and Zaxcom and Quantum 5X to all use the same exact frequencies and transmissions, and we'll live in peace and harmony, and producers will pay their crew members reasonable rates, and everybody will be happy!

What dimension does all that happen in? According to the Many Worlds Interpretation of Quantum Mechanics, there must be a world out there in which all these things are true. Unfortunately... not this one.

Not absurd Rado. Great idea, but will most likely never happen.

I am not saying it will. Just brainstorming here.

I know a lot of lectrosonics users are excited about the new digital wireless. But without an eng receiver it will be only good for cart mixers. And what card mixer would want 8 1u units on his cart taking space. It is the equivalent of 4 small "170 grams each" qrx eng size receivers.

it is obvious that lectrosonic are behind zaxcom on the digital front. A big transmitter with 3 AAs. A huge 1 channel receiver. And considering it is inevitable that digital wireless will be the norm in the future when " best case scenario" we will have 10 MHz to work with I don't see how practical the current lectro setup will be for most of us...

If you look at the last 3 years Lectrosonics lost market share to Zaxcom. Why? Because lectro does not innovate.

Now do I need the bulky lectro digital tx? No.

Would I be happy to show up on location with my own zaxcom digital receivers package and cover the existing TXs instead of making a heavy lectro 411s bag? YES.

P.S. Years ago I was talking about how dumb it is to have a mixer and a recorder in the bag and if SD makes a 552 with time code and 5 ISO channels it will be the logical future of bag work. People laughed and ridiculed then... people that have 664 in their bags now.

only time will tell if Lectro will have an eng size receiver in the future.