QUICK Complaints and Grievances to all companies.

RadoStefanov

I'm with you on the 9V thing... simple don't buy gear that uses them, decision made easy since there's alternatives for everything I've run across that uses AA.  It's not a complaint, just my thought process.  9V... don't buy, AA, ok to buy.

I'm the same way about other gear, being a little bit less reasonable (but that's just me)...  camera hop receivers, slot-in mount only, not a slot format? don't buy.

recorders, nothing with joysticks, toggle buttons, or membrane buttons.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rado: " I thought the 664...  "

I wonder if misconceptions like this influence your grievances..?  :wacko:

and with all the complaints, including Ramalo's,  perhaps you folks should punish all the offenders by not buying or using their products ..? 8)

These complaints could be a help to get a better products in a future or fix the current ones  8)

<<I do not think any other IFB receiver has a locking plug.>>

I guess this is because you dont want an IFB Rx being worn by someone in the crew who walks around with the headphone cable dangling and get snagged somewhere. with a locking plug you can expect damage to the female embedded in the Rx as well. all depends on the strength of the cable. if the cable snaps early, maybe no damage to the Rx probably. If not, then... 

Apart from this, i have no gripes with zaxcom equipment since i have used none since the Deva IV in 2005. Heh. (not saying this is a good way to go - but i have been told there is something to wait for which will make me happy)

Locking female connector does not mean you have to wire your headphones with the same. You can use regular headphones for IFB and locking cables for jambox/hop.

Locking female connector does not mean you have to wire your headphones with the same. You can use regular headphones for IFB and locking cables for jambox/hop.

Sometimes the screw collar of the locking 3.5mm jack standing proud can stop the non locking 3.5mm jack from seating properly and making the right connections. When you start looking there are many small variations in size, and shape of tip for 3.5mm jacks.

Sometimes the screw collar of the locking 3.5mm jack standing proud can stop the non locking 3.5mm jack from seating properly and making the right connections. When you start looking there are many small variations in size, and shape of tip for 3.5mm jacks.

I have never had problems. I use switchcraft 3.5 plugs that are a little fatter. I think the problems is a lot of new headphone plugs are smaller.

Generally (IMO) Rados point are interesting but as much as I hate to say it, the senator is right about unreasonable expectations for gear; you get what you pay for. If you want to use a CL9 - get a 788, not a 664. The 633 is pretty much great as is - only thing would be more gain on inputs 4-6, but there are ways around that.

And yes Sennheiser does seem to have some quality control problems with their newer mics; too many need to go back to the old country for a holiday.

These complaints could be a help to get a better products in a future or fix the current ones  8)

Let's don't forget that these are Rado's complaints and his list is not everyone elses.  For instance, I enjoy 9v's. I hate membrane buttons on recorders, particularly the record ones that aren't always record. Who thought that was a good idea??  The ONE button that should ALWAYS be the same, isn't.  So I spend my money elsewhere.

9. ERX 3.5 "not locking" plug and hardware switch instead of hold button is not a good design

I do not think any other IFB receiver has a locking plug. ERX is best used with a small right angle plug for best results.

------------------------------------------------------------

The Sennheiser IEM/IFB receivers have locking plugs.

The current 1/8" output jack is my least favorite part of my otherwise beloved ERX2s, and I don't want to sacrifice the volume knob for a $140 BNC mod either.

Cheers,

Evan

I still don't get the whole 9V battery thing, Since when did the 9V become such a pariah?

Am I missing something? What (if any) are the drawbacks of using 9V's as opposed to AA's?

~tt

You are not missing anything. 9v's are still great at what they do.

There are  no good cheap 9v rechargeable. I use rechargeable exclusively.   The Ipower for my comteks seam to expand in the desert heat. I am afraid they might explode and I discard them.  Not very cheap as well. Also their size makes gear big. Compare UM to SM size and see the difference.

I still own comteks but since going the erx route the comteks have come out once in the past 2 years.

I tried to work without comteks but unfortunately the erx range just dont cut it specially for follow car scenerio.

My director likes how the ERX and always bumped when I hand him a comtek.

So if you need more range from the bag I would advise against ERX. If you are close to the producers/directors/clients erx are fine.