Denecke TS-3EL keeps getting "stuck"

codyman

I've had my Denecke TS-3EL for about a year and a half now.  It works like a champ although lately, on occasion, after the slate is clapped, it doesn't flash the frame / shut the numbers off, instead, it just keeps on running as though the slate was never clapped.  I tried dusting off the contacts and also adjusted the screw tension, but it still does it on occasion.  Anyone had this problem before?

I have slates that have been through 3 of those reed switches over time.  It's an easy/fast fix for Denecke, but also one I don't think you can do yourself very well/easily.  Send it in.  Denecke will check it out and prob fix some other things you don't even realize are busted or out of adjustment….

philp

Seems to happen to my slates all the time. Perhaps it says something about the ACs I work with or maybe it's because I only buy used slates... Sometimes a little gaff tape where the sensor is can be a temporary fix but unfortunately it should be sent back to Denecke for a more permanent fix. 

Ben