broken screen on erx2

osa

last week one of my erx's took a hit while a client was wearing it and the lcd screen was cracked. what a travesty. the client is paying for it of course. almost $200 With all the shipping. it was in a bodyglove case which i know is certainly not bulletproof but i didnt realize the screens could get damaged so easily. i went to a hardware store and bought a sheet of lexan and i am now cutting them into small pieces for ea erx in my kit and even though it is overkill i am also going to cut pieces for every receiver in my bag as well. SRB screens can get pretty easily dinged and the qrx lcd's all appear to be the same lcd's as the erx's. drawing the line at trx's though since those have to be as slim as possible for human contact.

thought i would post this for others who might want to take some preventative measures or at least be aware of this possibly happening.

Ken

post-2171-0-53340300-1409863647_thumb.jp

Great minds think alike.

In my case, it was a matter of operator clumsiness. I dropped a tool from a shelf above the mixer onto the meter glass (It's called the lens) and cracked it. Since then I've worked with a protective piece of plexi over the meters. But, of course, I've not dropped anything since then.

In the case of the ERX screen, I suspect that it is more likely transferred energy from the outer case being struck rather than as a direct hit on the screen. A Lexan cover wouldn't protect against that. But protective measures are never a bad thing.

There is also a subliminal message when you supply gear with protective covers. You tell the recipients that this device is a valuable commodity, not just something that might be passed out to museum visitors.

David

post-16-0-99169900-1409866826_thumb.jpg