Community Project to find the best blocks

soundrolling

So everyone I need your help! I am trying to make it easier to know what blocks and frequencies people are using around the world in different places so we can all get on with packing :)

So the idea (named: Project Clean Air) is a page you can enter in good frequency ranges or just blocks for the area you are in and then all the data is available to all. 

We all know the range of frequencies that are legal in our area but what about a bit of general prep for all the travellers out there. Sure you can scan when you get there, but if you only have block 21 and you're travelling to another state you may be interested to know if that block is clear for the area you are going.

But i need all your input into making this better, so take a look and even have a scan and enter in the data. If you think more fields need to be added please comment! much appreciated,

Matt Price

I think Matt Price's idea is a really good one and looking at the site he has built could really serve useful purposes worldwide. The frequency list that Olle Sjostrom started (using Google Docs - https://docs.google....tHcHZqclE#gid=0 ) I think has also been good though I don't know how much participation there has been there. The real key to any of these things is really easy data entry, search and of course lots of participation to keep the data up to date. There is always the problem we face knowing WHERE to post our information with competing sites.

Matt Price:  http://soundrolling....ject-clean-air/

Olle Sjostrom:  https://docs.google....tHcHZqclE#gid=0

I have added a search function so people can continually just keep adding data when they want and then when people search "london" they will get a most recent list of people using different frequencies and their experiences.

Would be great to get more people to flesh out the start of the list

Use The Form And Add Your Areas Cleanest Blocks and Frequencies

I should also add that the 2 resources aren't competing but offering different kinds of the same information, mine being focused on individual places and there frequency experiences rather than guidelines for what is allowed within a given place.

Edited by soundrolling

Without wanting to put down your effort, there are already freq coordination prrograms that find wireless freq. candidates for you in the area you are working in vs. TV etc, as well as work out intermod conflicts between freqs.  I would probably not trust a purely anecdotal freq list (ie "these worked for me") that wasn't backed up by some work in FreqFinder or IAS etc, especially if a number of wirelesses were needing to be used.

philp

Without wanting to put down your effort, there are already freq coordination prrograms that find wireless freq. candidates for you in the area you are working in vs. TV etc, as well as work out intermod conflicts between freqs.  I would probably not trust a purely anecdotal freq list (ie "these worked for me") that wasn't backed up by some work in FreqFinder or IAS etc, especially if a number of wirelesses were needing to be used.

philp

Olle's has helped with a "what's even legal in that country" and often has a link to a website to make sure it's up to date. 

I live in Los Angeles. Currently I have three blocks that I work with, however depending upon where I am in and around the city it can range from all clear to not clear. If you're downtown I have heard 24 is pretty good, however in most places 21 seems to have some open spots. But when there are none, 20 or 25 usually have a window open.

Then again, in parts of Glendale, Pasadena, alta dena, la crescenta, etc there's nothing open at all.

So in this case, it depends :P