SMV/SMQV with lectro REF mute switch

saadasound

I've been working out some issues at Towson University's football stadium recently and was curious to know if the the Smv or smqv could work with the lectro ref mute switch? I've wanted to incorporate the variable mW settings on them to give us a little more RF power. We are currently using the REFum transmitters and they're pretty weak (50 mW I believe)... I've tested the RF and audio quality with my SMv at 250mW and sounds great and no RF issues. BUT, the mute switch won't work.

Is the lectro mute switch only compatible with the lectro REFum transmitters? I thought it was just a passive mute switch.

Mikey,he may need answers NOW!?Toll free.Maybe he is shooting on a sunday ( as I have been doing for the past 6 months)??Saadasound : post anything overhere,and ignore SENATOR Mike Michaels, c.a.s.

Studio M Productions: he just want you to go to the achives/Mnfg's:in other words why post any question in JW at all?All answers seem to bee 'there' (toll free!) and somewhere 'here'(in the archives) but not in direct response...Don't know the answer to your question,but others will!

The REFum used a pin on the 5 pin to send a signal to the uProcessor to mute the audio but only with special transmitters. That switch won't work with other transmitters, as you found out. This mute switch will work with all Lectro 5 pin transmitters, servo or not:

http://www.lectrosonics.com/US/Products/product/243-mute.html

This was developed later and in a lot of ways is a better solution than the REFum. This mute switch uses multiple photocells in a low current configuration, and if I say so myself, is pretty clever. It will work very well with the 250 mW units, doesn't click in RF fields and is rain proof.

Best,

Larry F

Lectro

Not Big, Just Al

Hilarious Al!(I'm not calling you 'hilarious Al'!It is just that I think your reply is hil..whatever)

put: " Maybe he is shooting on a sunday "

it is too late for this weekend, and his questions (some of the answers are actually on Lectro's website) can wait.

What do you mean 'It's too late for this weekend....'? There is no weekend on this forum ( not even for the great Larry F).Mikey let people ask their questions,and don't take them 'to task' all the time.