Your Dream Boom Op

Hello all,

Mild mannered, cell phone law abiding citizen by day, energetic, aggressive, unyielding ninja sound capturer by night here. I will steal and entrap the breath of my prey within my hyper(or super)Cardioid shaped net so that it may be vibrantly reborn in the audio suite. I move in stealth (as I have no shadow) and terminate at the chest. And I can bring my own boom too;-). No syllable is safe from Zharkai.

Over the top?

I do have experience. I mixed/boomed for a feature ("Tricks") that showed at this past Hollywood Film Fest. It was not an ideal situation but, I'm a problem solver (there's always a way). More recently, I ran the audio for a Nike 10K Human Race promo featuring Pete Wentz and Andy Hurley of Fallout Boy. I've worked on a couple reality shows ("Top Design 2," "Step It Up and Dance") as an A2. I've wired a theatre room and a rehearsal room for wireless lav, playback, multi-track backup and video village operations. I crave knowledge so I can handle complex setups.

I hope to help your next gig go smoothly.

Thanks for your consideration.

-Czharcus

[move]钅中尚国[/move]

Zharkai, you should be a writer or Graphic novelist as well as a boom op. Thats a wild intro. You might try a longer version of it with a bit more info in 'Who I am today' section. I take it you work or live in LA, but that is not clear. Also I try never to work at night, but if you boom in the daylight hours I may give you a shot someday. I am open minded for an old dog. Good luck.

CrewC

Thanks for pointing out my omissions, Old School. Maybe I was a bit too elaborate for my own good with that intro.

I do, in fact, live and work in the LA area. My boom operation hours can be diurnal or nocturnal to accommodate the project. I'm available immediately for I have dedicated my life to the arts (as it should be otherwise, I should just pack up and go back to Memphis). I've been freelancing production sound and picture editing to put the food on the table. I found that, early on, you need more than one hook to catch a fish in this town. I've got contact info in my "profile." I don't know if posting it on the board is acceptable so I won't. My resume is available to all that request.

Thank you for reading.

-Czharcus (Zharkai)

[move]钅中尚国[/move]

(Yeah, I've accumulated a butt load of nick names over the years. I don't know which to use anymore)