Modifying The Cart

Jonathan Reyes

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I still run 2 788Ts. Both machines get the same audio/track designations. I hand in 2 CF cards and ask the loader or DIT to transfer both cards.

I have had a 788 lock up mid take. It was on a stunt shot, so certainly not critical (may have even been off speed on the camera). It's really only happened once in the 4-5 years I've owned the 2 recorders.

It's been pretty common in narrative episodic in NY to use to recorders. 2 788ts are pretty small in size (same as 1 Deva or even the newer SD machine, 970). It takes me a little extra time to do the metadata, but I don't mind. I'd rather have the backup available then have the transfer house print a take without sound because "there are parts we can still use so we'll print it."

Jonathan, it's looking awesome!

I still run 2 788Ts. Both machines get the same audio/track designations. I hand in 2 CF cards and ask the loader or DIT to transfer both cards.

I have had a 788 lock up mid take. It was on a stunt shot, so certainly not critical (may have even been off speed on the camera). It's really only happened once in the 4-5 years I've owned the 2 recorders.

It's been pretty common in narrative episodic in NY to use to recorders. 2 788ts are pretty small in size (same as 1 Deva or even the newer SD machine, 970). It takes me a little extra time to do the metadata, but I don't mind. I'd rather have the backup available then have the transfer house print a take without sound because "there are parts we can still use so we'll print it."

I've seen Josh's cart set-up personally. It's pretty damn awesome!

Hope you are well Josh!

• 1 month later...

Every one should record as they see fit but the more gear you push around, the sooner your back will go out. Less is more in story telling, film making, and equipment on a production sound carts IMO.  

CrewC

+1

Currently obsessing on what the minimum envelope possible cart can be, while not being a bag rig on a magliner..

think perhaps some items can be turned 90 degrees from usual rack.. sort of a "Jenga" stack idea forming in my mind at present.