red camera cable

fatfatjames

I like having a "Red fan" for my video audio snake--it eliminates having heavy XLR connectors hanging off the relatively fragile TA3Fs, and the camera doesn't really have a good place to strain-relief to.  It also makes the connector side of the camera a little less cluttered.  I use the PSC style snakes, and they made me a "Red fan" that works with them.

Philip Perkins

• 2 weeks later...

While mixing into the Red One camera, I once used the female XLR to male TA3 connector cables that are supplied with the Red One camera. When using the supplied cables, strain relief was necessary and that created a problem. The Red One has enough issues on it's own for me, an audio mixer, to be adding to them so I decided to use the Fan type breakaway harness cable that can be used with my PSC breakaway harness cable.  The main difference that the breakaway harness cable has is a male TA5 that plugs into the Audio out on the Red One camera. This frees up the 1/8 mini audio out on the Red One for headphones or anything else you want to stab in there....

Pshap