633 with CF - SD adapter?

Rasmus Wedin

Hi!

So I was thinking about the possibility to use a CF - SD adapter in the CF slot of my 633. In that way I would only need to carry one type of media - SD cards.

Is this an advisable idea? Is there any risk och lock ups or damaged recordings in this way? Has anybody tried this?

I will of course be using approved SD cards.

I rmemeber a few years ago, right in the middle of an emergency situation where both my miniSD cards crashed in the same week, I'd refrain from trying a microSD card into a miniSD adaptor for another piece of gear only to find out it was kind of "the way to go" since a few folks were already doing this and eventually the miniSD media got knocked off the market by the microSD. The company wouldn't give comments either at that time BUT it was -and still is - working so my advice would be: if you really want to know, try it! Worse comes to worse, you'll end up with a spare SD card which is not a bad idea at all in the end...

I could add I've been using Transcend 600x 16Go cards in my 633 a few times now with no issues and these cards don't figure on "the list". I had been using them with my 788 before which led me to try, waiting for approved cards after receiving my 633. They're now more on my "spare list" but I know I can count on these cards somehow if someting bad would happen with my actual approved cards (along with some Sandisk 600x 16Go cards I also used with my 788).

Bottom line; there is a list, but if you feel like trying (and spending a little) just do it if it's gonna make your personnal workflow easier if tests end up being ok.

... But keep an "approved/solid B plan" in your back pocket! ;-)