RadoStefanov

AudioRoot Power solutions review

155 posts in this topic

What are you running now? An IDX NPL7S is 70Wh, so that's something to compare to. 

1 hour ago, johnpaul215 said:

What are you running now? An IDX NPL7S is 70Wh, so that's something to compare to. 

Using the 744T onboard power at the moment with Sony L batts. It does the job just fine with battery changes at lunch, but I've been looking at Audio Root for my first BDS system to give me room to grow, and simplify power management down the road.

24 minutes ago, Dave Pullmer said:

Using the 744T onboard power at the moment with Sony L batts. It does the job just fine with battery changes at lunch, but I've been looking at Audio Root for my first BDS system to give me room to grow, and simplify power management down the road.

Gotcha. It'll definitely be an upgrade from the Sony L batteries. I think the 744T is power hungry compared to a 633 or a Maxx, but things will also change if you start adding wireless receivers. 

I went from powering my bags with v-mounts to the new IE batteries and it's been rock solid. Lighter and less bulky than the v-mounts with longer run times. The AR battery cups are super nice. After reading up on them here it really is true that they snap and lock into place. I use both the big batts and the half joints. Most of the time I'm on the bigger ones. I want to do an upgrade and get one of the AR distro units. Thats my next step.....

I can power my 744t/552/qrx235 combo all day with a single 98whr battery. I can go 3/4 of a day with the x3....

I'm using the Audioroot dual charger, 3x98 WH remote audio HI-Q and audioroot battery cup.  I run the nomad, and 3 zaxcom receivers for about 4 hours.  Smaller and longer run times than the NP's,  love it.