664 Return A left/right twisted

Dennis Kersten

So I'm using the 10 pin output A to send my audio left/right to camera. Camera receives left/right but return A on the 664 gives me right/left audio... What am I doing wrong?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your breakout cable is wired for the PSC way of wiring not the Sound Devices protocol. The HP returns are reversed in the PSC cable. To fix the problem you need to reverse the leads on pins 5 & 7 of the 10 pin Hirose connector after you've removed the set screw with a.050 allen wrench and unscrewed the threaded insert pin block, then find pins 5 & 7 and put it all back together after burning your fingers with the soldering iron and checking that there are no shorts left between the pins. By this time you've lost the .050 set screw..(yes you will) and you just can't buy one at Home Depot and you'll be pissed that you even tried to DIY. Of course you could just turn your headphones around and all will be well.

The problem most likely isn't the 10pin connector wiring but the snake wiring itself.

It's not clear if you are using an Engh-style XLR7 breakaway or PSC/Remote Audio Neutricon breakaway.  Be aware that PSC and Remote have diffent wiring schemes for the Neutricon.  If you mix and match camera/mixer ends, you can have issues with flipped phase on the sends and returns.

Your breakout cable is wired for the PSC way of wiring not the Sound Devices protocol. The HP returns are reversed in the PSC cable. To fix the problem you need to reverse the leads on pins 5 & 7 of the 10 pin Hirose connector after you've removed the set screw with a.050 allen wrench and unscrewed the threaded insert pin block, then find pins 5 & 7 and put it all back together after burning your fingers with the soldering iron and checking that there are no shorts left between the pins. By this time you've lost the .050 set screw..(yes you will) and you just can't buy one at Home Depot and you'll be pissed that you even tried to DIY. Of course you could just turn your headphones around and all will be well.

Eric!This one is really funny!!!!Hahahahaha.