I want to update my Ipads and Iphone to IOS 8, but worried about any issues that might come up with Movie Slate.

Has anyone updated to IOS 8 and still using Movie Slate with no issues ? Specifically using Movie Slate with Timecode Buddy sync feature ?

Ask the folks tha make Movie Slate. Oh, wait, it's on their website...

"Is MovieSlate compatible with iOS 8?

No. It is recommended that you refrain from upgrading the iOS device you use for working until MovieSlate 7.6 is available for upgrading from the App Store.

MovieSlate 7.6 has been submitted to the App Store for review and approval by Apple. Given that there are likely many other developers doing the same thing this week we suspect that Apple's review process will probably take longer than usual.

When Apple approves MovieSlate 7.6 we'll update this FAQ and the MovieSlate website.

Thank you."

Omaha: " Ask the folks tha make Movie Slate. Oh, wait, it's on their website... "

at least Mr. Paine said  "thanks" for doing his homework... :blink:

Edited by studiomprd

although Mr. Paine forgot to say "thanks" for doing his homework...  :blink:

No, I believe I ended my post with a thanks.

But let me take this opportunity to say thanks to you Senator, for just being you.

Well it is still an issue for me. Just because it is approved for download by apple doesn't mean it is bug free. I have had extensive email discussion with Eric at Movieslate and have saved the history data file and reinstalled the App. It launches ok but when I restore the data file it crashes and will not launch again. I have sent him the data file to examine and we will see if that is causing the issue. We have an 8 hour time zone difference so will see later today.

Roger Slater  AMPS

Malvern  UK

I have experienced the same issue after upgrading.  MS just hangs on the splash screen, then crashes.  I also spoke with Eric, who is working on a fix right now.  Whenever I have had a question or issue with movieslate, Eric has been incredibly quick to respond, and very helpful.  The biggest wait time for bug fixes is getting Apple's approval.