Countryman B3

Rob Lewis

I just picked up a couple of B3's wired for Lectro.  They sound very noisy to me compared to my Sankens, MKE-2's, EMW's and B6's.  I figured they would be close to the sound of the B6, but are not as hot and have a constant swishy sound to them, like they are accentuating the compander noise of my UM200 transmitters.  There is also a hum when touching the skin.  Anyone ever hear this before?  I'm about to send them back.

I just picked up a couple of B3's wired for Lectro.  They sound very noisy to me compared to my Sankens, MKE-2's, EMW's and B6's.  I figured they would be close to the sound of the B6, but are not as hot and have a constant swishy sound to them, like they are accentuating the compander noise of my UM200 transmitters.  There is also a hum when touching the skin.  Anyone ever hear this before?  I'm about to send them back.

Here's the B3 wiring from the Lectro website:

Red to pin 3, shield & black to pin 1, jumper pin 2 to pin 4

You might try grounding the ta connector shell to pin 1 to see if that helps with the hum problem.

Eric

If they're new and/or under warranty (even if they're not), you might want to give Countryman a call.  They have always been amazingly helpful to me (though in all fairness, they are also about 5 minutes up the road, so when I need something fixed, I just drive it over).  Rosa is the head technician there and is great, when you can get her on the phone.  :-)

Phil

Thanks for all the replys.  The mics were ordered from B&H and were dropped shipped from Countryman.  I have Um200c Lectros and they were wired according to the Countryman website.  They just seemed to have a swishy sound to them unlike anything I have ever heard.  I have already sent them back, to be replaced with B6's.  My first inclination was the wiring, but when I saw them wired correctly I was a bit dumbfounded at why they sounded so noisy.  I thought I would give them a try and save a few bucks over the B6's.  Its just my luck that I always seem to get the lemon in the bunch.

Rob