Sound Summit LA - October 8

jon_tatooles

AES is in LA for the first time since 2002. To kick off the show, DPA, Lectrosonics, and Sound Devices are hosting the Sound Summit LA the evening before the AES program begins (exhibits open on October 10). This isn't particularly formal, but there are scheduled presentations. 

Details here:

www.thesoundsummit.org/la

• 3 weeks later...

Jeff, it was great to see you there!

I'd like to thank my colleages at Sound Devices and DPA for working together with me to put this event on. And also a big thanks to everyone who made it out to Sportsmen's Lodge despite their busy schedules. It was a blast!

This event exceeded the expected attendance and was a very classy event, "usual suspect" dealers agnostic, with three excellent, informative and very well done presentations, plus several displays.

I believe a large thank you also goes to Karl Winkler, who seems to have spearheaded the event.

I appreciate that, Senator. But I must say, it was originally Eric Mayer's idea (DPA) although I was more than ready and willing to jump on board. The efforts undertaken were fairly evenly divided between Eric & James (DPA), Jon (SD), and I.

Stay tuned! We intend to do similar events in other metro areas in 2015.