633 POWER CYCLE?

jerome mccann

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi Hobo?

CF sandisc extreme 16 + 32 gb 60mb/sec UDMA - they have worked fine in my 788 for about two years (cycled with other cards of same spec).

SD sandisc extreme plus 128gb 80mb/sec -  I started to use this after this fault but encountered a recent corrupt file - SD looking into it as we speak, CF Card was ok. 

Recently been using a new Rii RT-MWK01 2.4Ghz wireless keyboard too, instead of big cherry usb keyboard I use with my 788

Best

Jerome

I'm seeing a bit of a trend with issues in SD cards bigger than 32 gb.  I believe that 64gb and larger SD cards use the EXfat directory structure and 32gb and below uses FAT32.  Not sure if that has anything to do with anything, but it is a significant difference.

I'm sticking with Sandisk approved cards at 32 gb (CF and SD) until someone can prove to me that they NEVER get random lockups or corrupted files with the larger cards.  I've just done 2 months of heavy data days without a hiccup using them.   (I've sworn off Lexar for now as well)

Cheers,

Brent Calkin