Nomad coin cell battery

Tong0615

From Don Barto Sr (Zaxcom Nomad / Maxx Users group on Facebook)

Replacing the Nomad Internal clock battery.

1. Remove all top and bottom screws. Also remove screws in input XLR sub-chassis top plate. Arrange all of the screws nearby in a pattern that mirrors where they go, because some are longer than others and need to be in the right positions on reassembly.

2. Slide main chassis and input XLR sub-chassis out of the one-piece top/bottom plate assembly. Raise the Input XLR sub-chassis up out of the way to expose battery. Carefully disconnect the input ribbon cable if you are feeling brave. Carefully slide battery out of its flimsy-ass clip.

3. Replace battery and re-assemble.

10446588_10152410993415017_3417925291420

10534660_10152410993440017_2460005133201

Battery changed without a hitch, cheers for the info! Though for some reason I now have an urge to replace the one-piece chassis with a custom one. Lacquered wood? Surgical steel? :D

Tell me about it! I took mine off to fix the Zaxnet aerial connector and couldn't believe how bastard heavy it is! I'd love to get somebody to make an aluminium one or even carbon fibre composite, but I have a vague idea that the chassis is a ground or summat for the unit.

My battery has just gone, so I must get this done as well.

• 3 months later...

I did both my Nomad's today....one with FP8 and one without.  Pretty simple.  Except I wish I known I needed to replace the battery before I did the FP8 and installed it with Nomad in my new Orca 41 with RX12 and had it all wired ready to go..

But I did both my Nomad 12 at the same time, this time.  I had replaced one battery before.

Now they are at least on the 'same' 2 year schedule. :)

You need to be very careful with the battery clip.

You need to gently lift up the front of the battery cage to ease the battery out and then ease it towards the back of the unit.

Being gentle with the red/black thin cables there.

When you put the battery back in there are 3 things. 

You need to lift up the front of the battery cage gently to get the battery started in but not too far.

Then you have to gently with a tiny screw driver, lift up each of the battery clips that hold the battery in.

This will allow the battery to slip under the clips and not glide on top of them.

I did find one screw in my XLR part, that was a slug....missed by Zaxcom in installation, no threads on it at all.

Luckily it never came loose and rattle around inside.  I thought it was the stud that was stripped at first.

I had a couple of the longer screws from the FP8 installation, so I was able to use one of those to secure the XLR panel back in.

But just a note of caution that there may be slug screws out there besides mine.

Once I installed the battery, I applied power to the Nomad 12, to make sure everything was good, before I put all the screws back in.

Nice Clean work inside the Nomad 12.  :)

Working on my 2nd RX12 on my cart.  Sold my Cooper CS208 that replaced my Sonosax SX8 years ago.

Trying an MIX8...but really want a better option, Sonosax New Version is so sweet, almost bought one a few years ago.

I was hoping for a Mix 12 that worked with the Nomad 12...

But I'm standing by for Deva 32 and new mix surface.

RX12 is beautiful. 

• 4 months later...