Panasonic Eneloop (4th generation)

RadoStefanov

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People on Amazon are claiming that these new AmazonBasics "Black" series batteries are really Eneloops.... thoughts?

http://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-High-Capacity-Rechargeable-Batteries-Pre-charged/dp/B00HZV9WTM

At $20 for 8, they would be a hell of a deal if so....

I wonder if this is true,  deal alright,  screaming deal

• 3 months later...

I need to revisit this . I just performed a Break In on all my Panasonic Pro 2450mah AAs.

All the batteries show between 2550-2650mah. Majority are between 2550-2600mah.

I purchased the batteries in the middle of October. Getting these values after 4 months of use is a pretty good sign of a quality battery.

The powerex would have lost capacity by now.

Eneloop is a lot better then MAHA imho.

I still have 4 years old Eneloops that I use in ERXs.

I need to revisit this post. I just performed a Break In on all my Panasonic Pro 2450mah AAs.

All the batteries show between 2550-2650mah. Majority are between 2550-2600mah.

I purchased the batteries in the middle of October. Getting these values after 4 months of use is a pretty good sign of a quality batteries.

The powerex would have lost capacity by now.

Eneloop is a lot better then MAHA imho.

I still have 4 years old Eneloops that I use in ERXs.

Hi Rado,

Thanks for the real world input. This is very close to what we have found. Latest Eneloops are probably the best NiMh battery out there and even more so over a period of time.

Best Regards,

Larry Fisher

Lectrosonics

Has anyone had issues with these new Eneloops in LT or SM transmitters? My 2600mah Tenergy batteries have a depressed negative terminal, as opposed to most other normal alkalines or lithiums which slightly protrude. This causes my L series TX and RX to lose power when bumped, I talked to Lectro support about the issue and I was told they are aware of having problems with the Eneloop brand as well.

post-6888-0-72740000-1425339780_thumb.jp

Has anyone had issues with these new Eneloops in LT or SM transmitters? My 2600mah Tenergy batteries have a depressed negative terminal, as opposed to most other normal alkalines or lithiums which slightly protrude. This causes my L series TX and RX to lose power when bumped, I talked to Lectro support about the issue and I was told they are aware of having problems with the Eneloop brand as well.

No issues in LTs...

Hey Nick, I have some of these Tenergy AA as well as Eneloop and I had this problem with my two Betso SBOX timecode generators. Haven't had a problem with Eneloops.

No issues in LTs...

I didn't think there was either but I haven't been able to get some freshly charged black eneloops to power on some of my LR receivers. Just discovered this today.  I have some time this week to really investigate this but had an issue or two with the same batteries in the transmitters as well.

In my tests, the new Eneloop batteries last a little over 5.5 hours of continuous usage on my Zaxcom TRXLA2s with the max power output setting (125mW), Zaxnet on, and recording on.

When using power roll, as well as the low power output setting from Zaxnet menu on my Nomad, the batteries can easily last 7 or 8 hours.

All tests were done with the batteries fresh off the charger.

I'm very happy with them, and with performance rivaling that of lithium batteries, I think they are a savvy investment. Even if after a year they don't perform within 70% of their original capacity, their cost is still low enough in comparison to lithiums.

• 1 month later...