Orca OR-30 and Stingray for 633 Side by Side Comparison?

Dan Ostroff

Personally the orca is my favorite bag by far. i have two for my 633's and thinking of going orca for my 788s. It has the best built quality I've seen in a bag in a long time. The only down side is the access to the media. but i don't use the lift system orca provides so i manage around it. 

yeh the stingray is really cool with the front curve,  and space at the bottom for NP-1 batteries on the floor,   it's a real nugget of joy.  I do miss having a front zipper like the orca and petrol's,  but the front curved space at the front of the stingray is really really handy 

I purposefully moved the big front pocket that was pretty much a standard thing to the sides. I did this for two reasons:

1. Physics - The more weight you put away from your body, and the further out it is, the more work your lower back must do to remain upright. Putting more weight out in front of you moves your center of gravity out of your body and in front of you. (Thank you college Physics minor). 

2. It's just plain easier to get to when the pockets are close to your body. Also, you can actually see in there instead of blindly feeling around if you are using a bigger bag. 

Hi, yes.

It works fairly well, though not quite enough storage room for 'stuff'...here's a pic.

Nice and tidy and light (4.5 kg).

semi open ends make access good, easy to open media door. Np1 nestled in front of and slightly under 633, not in the battery space.

post-173-0-18079500-1415677974_thumb.jpg

I too have found success with the petrol. Been using it last couple months and it seems to be the lightest / smallest footprint 4 ch wireless rig i could come up with. Still a little bit work in progress. I keep 4 transmitters plus tools and lav bits in the front, 3 zaxcom and 3 lectrosonics wired lavs in the sanken cases, and i too have my np1 slid under 633 via right side entry. Got used to accessing media by touch. I considered the other bags mentioned here but this seemed to fit my needs. I feel i can still squeeze 2 more channels of wireless and some other stuff if i really wanted to take it to the limit. Dont know exact weight at present but no complaints from my back so far compared to my 664 rig.

Ken

post-2171-0-30712200-1415763795_thumb.jp