dacooksey

Captain Chris Wade and the SeaWatch SharkBoat is about to leave US waters on a mission to save sharks in Costa Rica's beautiful Isla de Cocos with a crew of 10 and boat full of GoPros, Canon 5D's, DSLR's and Final Cut, ProLine, etc...

Every moment of every day will be documented. On the Boat (handheld and fixed), In the water (drones and diving), in the air (drones). post-10771-0-74013700-1413296148_thumb.j

This is a self funded production in conjunction with The Shark Research Institute and SharkBoat.org.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to individuals seeking a write-off to a 501c3 for 2014 in exchange for some used/unneeded gear (Booms, Wireless, Mixer, etc...) that could be donated for this amazing project. Or a sound person/ DIT looking to come to Costa Rica for 6 months on an unforgettable journey that is assured to capture content that no one has ever seen before.

"The Pirates of the Pacific" are about to enter "Blood Waters" and could use your advice!

Hi, daco: " this amazing project. Or a sound person/ DIT looking to come to Costa Rica for 6 months on an unforgettable journey that is assured to capture content that no one has ever seen before. "

your amazing project is my PITA...

it may or may not be amazing, but we wonder if you know what you are doing, capturing content wise..?

This is a professional forum, and as professionals, we tend to work for pay.

Every moment of every day will be documented. 

My back is starting to hurt already.

I wish you the best of luck with this. I love the ocean and all it's wonders. Not sure if you guys are trying to produce something similar to "The Cove" but hopefully it comes out alright. In regards to finding someone who's invested thousands and thousands and thousands of dollars in gear to work for free around saltwater would be a bit difficult. In any case best of luck to you guys. 

My little shark encounter recently...  was shooting a paddle board scene where I was on follow boat with director and A cam, cast (with bite size children) and B cam in water.  I look at "water safety" (foreign shoot, so just tour guide really) and he points down and see what looks to be a 14' to 18' hammerhead shark cruise by, just a few feet under water, the water was only about 6' to 10' deep - seemingly not interested in what's going on, just doing his thing.  Producer sees it and looks at me and I put my finger to my lips, not to just keep it under cover, but just to prevent people from freaking out, splashing, and generally causing a commotion.  We finish the scene and head back to shore.  I generally go in the water anyways, with a waterproof gear bag, to blow out mics with canned air or even replace mics if needed, so hop in with my knife on my leg and screen the cast members as they paddle to shore and get on dry ground.  Hammerheads are usually pretty docile, so no significant danger, but damn... that thing was pretty big.  Definitely had some temporarily elevated pulse.