CINELA launches PIANISSIMO windshield

cineli

I was not aware of the shell thickness. Makes perfect sense. Thank you much

Another question, what would you suggest to do when going from outdoors to indoors, on a documentary shoot for example. If I would like to use the same mic I have in the basket, without the basket, is it possible to remove the mic with the cinela suspension attached, and apply it to... For lack of the proper nomenclature, another piece that attaches to a pole?

field: " , what would you suggest to do when going from outdoors to indoors, on a documentary shoot for example "

I've done this sort of thing many times...

I make no changes going (directly) INT from EXT in these situations... (especially if it will be going back, and forth multiple times)... works fine, really.

Edited by studiomprd

field and senator: outdoors to indoors:

Right, basket bottom part is fixed. Main reason is simplicity, lightness and efficiency. Two interests of Pianissimo are lightweight and short length without compromise on wind and handling noise (16cm diameter ahead, floating basket).

These aspects are very helpful to go directly from outdoors to indoors (perfect acoustic transparency with the primary 3D fabric).

Cradles: Yes, you may have several cradles very easy to take out or exchange, compatible with the -soooon arrived- new Osix range (elliptic isolators). Very simple and light cradles to share between (new) Osix, Piano and Pianissimo.

Great, glad to hear. Can I remove the suspension block/cradle from within the pianissimo, and attach to a "platform" that attaches to a boom pole? does cinela manufacture such a thing? When I ask about the outdoor/indoor transfer, I'm asking about how to easily ditch the cage/basket entirely. Lots of indoor locations are small, low ceilings, doorways, ceiling fans etc. personally, I don't leave the cage/basket on the pole Unless it's a quick in and out. I hope I'm being clear. Many thanks for your response.

Great, glad to hear. Can I remove the cradle within the pianissimo, and attach to a "platform" that attaches to a boom pole? does cinela manufacture such a thing? When I ask about the outdoor/indoor transfer, I'm asking about how to easily ditch the cage/basket entirely. Lots of indoor locations are small, low ceilings, doorways, ceiling fans etc. personally, I don't leave the cage/basket on the pole Unless it's a quick in and out. I hope I'm being clear. Many thanks for your response.

This is soon-to-be possible with the new OSIX range - the cradles will swap between Piano, Pianissimo, and the ('platform' that you speak of) OSIX. You would unscrew the cradle, remove the Pianissimo base, attach the OSIX base, then screw on the cradle and mic.

This is soon-to-be possible with the new OSIX range - the cradles will swap between Piano, Pianissimo, and the ('platform' that you speak of) OSIX. You would unscrew the cradle, remove the Pianissimo base, attach the OSIX base, then screw on the cradle and mic.

I like the sound of this. This is something that I can definitely see myself getting!

Thank you Justin, I guess I'm not clear on the terminology, what the OSIX is in this case.

So, does the pianissimo come with an OSIX inside? Are they mic specific? If I order a pianissimo, do I need specify what mic I'm using?

you mention "cradle" and "OSIX"? Is the OSIX not the cradle? I've been on the website, spoken to dealers, it's hard to wrap ones head around. I'm motivated to find these particulars out because my present basket was recently crushed and urgently needs replacing.

Let's try this, let's say I just bought my first mic, an mkh50 for example, and a boom pole.

Now I'm in the market for, a suspension package for exteriors (pianissimo), and something for indoors No cage. From Cinela.

what do I need?

At this point, the OSIX and the Piano range are two separate products. The NEW OSIX (not displayed yet) will allow the cradle to swap between the Piano (basket/floating) and OSIX (normal) mounts.

This would be great!  I have the Piano and I love it!  It would be wonderful to be able to take the mount out of the basket and have a smaller profile for indoors.  If anyone is concerned about durability I had my Piano run over by a large SUV.  The mic was untouched (CMIT5U) thank goodness, and the basket was undamaged.  The mic mount part was snapped off and one internal brace was broken  but all things considered it could have been much worse.  Got parts pretty quickly from France ordered from Pro-Sound and fixed it myself.

To all recent:

The word "suspension" may be used for several things...

To be simple: an "OSIX" is a suspension including swivel and cable (mainly for indoor and light winds outoors).

About the cradle and isolators, we will now talk about "OSIX modules" or "suspension modules" that will be shared between Pianissimo, Piano and this new Osix range (pictures...soon). First tests with serial units (made today) are great ! We just have to define all charts and correspondances.

About boxes: All OSIX are sold with a very useful box (with some few exceptions). The nice Pianissimo shell is a test of this concept. Let's see if we'll do that for Piano after a while of experience.

This Is the question. it appears that, the forthcoming new OSIX line, incorporates the ability to do just that.

*****Please correct any of this is if I am wrong*****

Part of the new line is; An OSIX "base" that attaches to pole, that the "primary" suspension that holds the mic, attaches to. So, open up piano or pianissimo cage, unscrew one thumb screw, pull out "primary" suspension with mic, attach to "bar" on OSIX "base". The biggest hurdle for understanding the Cinela model, is the multitude of different mic mounts, various parts and their associated nomenclature. Gilles at Sonotechnique in Montreal is the man you want to talk with. Spoke with him today, He communicates with Phillipe Chenevez regularly so is as close to the horses mouth as you can get this side of France.

PVS: " Can I assume that "

yes, you can...

and you may...

but I wouldn't...

field: " This Is the question. it appears that, the forthcoming new OSIX line, incorporates the ability to do just that.
*****Please correct any of this is if I am wrong*****
"

:blink:

no wonder there is so much incorrect information floating around...

Sorry for confusion. We hope that things will get clearer with time.

If you look at our Facebook page (Cinela), you'll see the very first picture of the "New" Osix range with elliptical isolators.

You'll see the detachable "suspension module" that could be shared (for proper mikes) with Piano and Pianissimo.

A simple knob and a strap to unmount/mount everything.

A little while and all dealers will be informed with references and prices !

• 3 months later...