Tascam DR-70D recorder

RottenCarcass

Tascam follows up the DR-60D (recently updated to the DR-60DmkII) with the DR-70D:

http://www.tascam.eu/en/dr-70d.html

Designed for use with the DSLR with a far more fitting form factor compared to the DR-60D. Now, this is not going to revolutionize the world of sound recording, but the budget equipment is getting better all the time. I think I'll be buying when it comes out.

My apologies on having missed the discussion of the DR-70D, I looked at the first few pages of the equipment board and must have missed it, and the search function doesn't turn it up (well, now it does, but only my post). Mods, if this needs to be removed, please do!

"Who I am" - I'm located in Los Angeles, and my background is independent film production. I have produced a few small indie features, two shot in Eastern Europe for an American production, and a couple here in the states. I then spent a few years working at one of the three big talent agencies in town. After a life-changing traffic accident, I left the agency world and now I'm looking to get back into indie films, but this time on the creative side, directing. For now, we're talking micro-budget, which means basically I do as much as possible, which of course is not optimal (understatement). I have very little experience with sound production, having only boomed a few times on shorts, but since sound is so critical, I'm dedicated to learning as much as I can and part of that is joining boards such as this. Obviously, knowing so little about sound, I won't be able to contribute to those topics, but I'd be happy to contribute on other areas of film, such as production. Mostly I'll be in the "shut up and listen" mode. Thank you for reading!