Shots fired @ Canadian Parliament

jason porter

yes, it is all over the news.

Canadian authorities have identified the shooter at the Parliament building as Michael Zehaf-Bibeau, 32, FOX News has confirmed.

I'm in Ottawa today. Actually, word is, it's the Americans that identified the shooter and passed the info to Canadian authorities. It's possible, that info might not have been supposed to be disseminated and slipped through the cracks. It was only mentioned once. Spy agencies at work. I do have to say, I think overall, from what I've seen, the Canadian media is doing a great job, at not immediately speculating and sensationalizing details and going off on bunny trails. It does make for coverage being somewhat repetitive, but the restraint shows journalistic integrity.

well, since this topic has little to do with production sound anyhow...

rant mode = on

I've never been impressed with the media's need to urgently know, and post names of victims and/or perp's... the actual names mean nothing to just about everyone, anyhow.

the media also looks, to me, rather asinine, asking most of the "how many" questions long before anyone could actually know for certain.

rant mode= off

well, since this topic has little to do with production sound anyhow...

rant mode = on

I've never been impressed with the media's need to urgently know, and post names of victims and/or perp's... the actual names mean nothing to just about everyone, anyhow.

rant mode= off

Any yet, it is the first thing that you do in this thread.