Battery caddies

Mike Kujbida

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, I've had many different cheap plastic battery clips. The only ones that still live are the yellow 9V clips that came with my LiPo's. A while back I made a robust case for my AA's and AAA's as I like to use rechargeable a. Its a Peli 1030 case with a custom divider I made from PVC. The AA's fit well and upside down is empty. 5c039bef2c3cf76474f9179101d78430.jpg80b543e777ae50721e105b282b618542.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi guys, I've had many different cheap plastic battery clips. The only ones that still live are the yellow 9V clips that came with my LiPo's. A while back I made a robust case for my AA's and AAA's as I like to use rechargeable a. Its a Peli 1030 case with a custom divider I made from PVC. The AA's fit well and upside down is empty. 5c039bef2c3cf76474f9179101d78430.jpg80b543e777ae50721e105b282b618542.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That s a smart idea. I d like to have a single box to put 30 aa's or so and that looks like a good solution.

The range of the batterey clips that Mixalot mentions have their problems.

In the UK PP3 (9v) are supplied with a small plastic pip on the Pos terminal. They will not fit in the clip without jamming so you have to remove them to fit in the clip. This is counterproductive as the way I work is that a 9volt with the pip is OK, without the pip it's been used.

I did bring this problem to the attention of Richard Topham who supplied the clips and he was going to contact the manufacturer but I haven't heard back.

I haven't noticed damage on my powerex AA from the caddies.. Seems they get worn most popping in and out of the charger. Many of my AA bats never see caddies. The caddies are made of soft plastic. The chargers have sturdy metal contacts which are harder than the wrapping on the powerex and get scraped on every time someone in a hurry puts one on charge or takes it off. The good news here is that it prevents you from retaining super old batteries with a waning capacity.

• 1 month later...

For AAs I just use two cloth pencil pouches. One yellow, one gray. Hot off the charger it goes in the yellow, after use it goes in the gray. Works great, holds a ton. Easy to pack.

In the sound bag I carry a small case of 8.

9 volts? I've pretty much eliminated them from my kit.

I sometimes use the cases that come with any DPA purchase. There's a little divider in there, but if you cut that out, the box fits 8 AAs, the box is great in quality and if you're into DPA you've probably got a ton of them already. Really, every little thing you buy from DPA comes in that box no matter how small.

I sometimes use the cases that come with any DPA purchase. There's a little divider in there, but if you cut that out, the box fits 8 AAs, the box is great in quality and if you're into DPA you've probably got a ton of them already. Really, every little thing you buy from DPA comes in that box no matter how small.

Yes, i did that, too, for a while. But I prefer the layout of Ansmann cases (vertical)